Assist the Head Coach in all aspects of the management and administration of the football program, with specific emphasis on skill instruction and development at practices and individual training sessions. Serve as a positive role model for student-athletes and represent Villanova University in a first class manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Student-Athlete Development – Assist the Head Coach with directing and supervising all activities relative to the training and skill development of student-athletes in preparation for competition.
Program Administrative and Fiscal Management – Assist in directing and planning an organized, competitive and fiscally sound program. Duties may include, but are not limited to, assisting in travel coordination, assisting in ordering equipment, and assisting
- Provide technical skill instruction to aid in the development of student-athletes at practices.
- Conduct individual training sessions with student-athletes geared at skill development.
- Develop and execute practice plans that will prepare the team physically and mentally for competition.
- Assist in the preparation of team for games by contributing strategies and aiding in daily preparation of organized and effective practices.
in the completion of expense reports.
NCAA Compliance – Ensure program compliance with NCAA rules and regulations
Recruiting – Assist with managing the overall recruitment activities for the football program.
Academics, Service, Marketing, Public Relations, and Development:
- Assist in the monitoring of academics amongst student-athletes ensuring student-athletes progress in degree advancement and meet eligibility standards.
- Assist in the development of fund-raising events for the program within the framework of the university and departmental guidelines.
- Reinforce the Villanova ideals of devotion to service by designing appropriate events for the team to give back to the community and serve others.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 1-2 years experience in a collegiate football program, preferably at Division I level.
- Must possess excellent organizational and communication skills, interact effectively and appropriately with student-athletes.
- Proficiency with personal computer software applications.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations a plus.
- Should have knowledge and familiarity with video editing equipment.
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours:
- Some lifting, carrying of football equipment to practice field.
- Significant weekend hours.
Special Message to Applicants:
Open Until Filled
Salary Posting Information:
Commensurate with experience
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
How did you first hear of this employment opportunity?
- Career Builder Website
- Higheredjobs.com Website
- Professional Affiliation/Trade Website
- Diversity Association/Publication Website
- Career Link Website
- Other Internet Advertisement
- Advertisement in Local Newspaper
- Advertisement in Academic or Professional Publication
- Referred by a current or former employee
- Referred by a friend or family member
- Heard about it at a conference or career fair
- Browsing the Villanova website
Resume / Curriculum Vitae
Cover Letter / Letter of Interest