This position plays a key role in providing core, common and consistent HR solutions to the SDG North America employee population with focus on certain functions within the organization. This position is responsible for managing day-to-day Human Resource functions including: recruiting and selection, HR compliance, on-boarding, recordkeeping, employee relations, training and development, compensation and performance management.
Essential Job Functions and Accountabilities:
- Provides HR solutions support, process knowledge advice and consultation to line management.
- Coaches management team on leadership and HR issues including application of HR policies and processes, restructuring, complex employee issues. May coach employees on people management, career development, personal leadership and 360 assessments.
- Conducts Employee Relations investigations across SDG
- Gathers and analyzes HR and client feedback and provides feedback to HR Business Partner and /or Director of Field HR in developing and implementing solutions.
- Supports change management related to the implementation of organizational effectiveness solutions.
- Promotes use of i-Connect and HR1 Solution Center to solicit HR process/functional advice
- Handles escalations from HR1 Solution Center to resolve client queries and issues as appropriate (US only)
- May lead or be part of a project management team to drive; Core, Common and Consistent HR solutions such as; process improvement.
- Collaborates with COE Process Experts to execute and implements large scale HR initiatives (i.e., roll out annual programs, new programs/policies, etc.).
- Responsible for forecasting/tracking management and data integrity working with on-site leadership and HR1.
- Conduct exit interviews, analyze data for trends and make recommendations for change, as appropriate
- Manage recruitment efforts within established division guidelines working with the Recruiting COE. Partner with managers in establishing hiring and compensation strategies.
- Responsible for driving the hiring for band I & II level applicants in the entire recruiting life-cycle.
- Conduct Compensation analysis working with COE in regards to local compensation needs or analysis.
- Facilitate new hire orientation and conduct local on-boarding for new hires or transfers
- Support integration activities for newly acquired businesses or assist in completing due diligence information.
- May participate in Employee Activities Committee to promote positive employee morale
- Familiar with complex FMLA, Worker’s Comp, STD and LTD issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- May need to travel up to 10% of time
- BA/BS degree in HR related field
- Minimum 3-5 years of related experience in a generalist role
- Strong project management skills working with teams virtually
- Key skills and abilities include coaching, influencing, facilitation, process development, analysis and problem solving.
- Must possess strong computer skills with demonstrated proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of EEO and Federal employment laws.
- PHR or SPHR certification preferred
- Working knowledge of salary survey data and analysis
- Solid experience and expertise using HRIS
- Must model the highest degree of moral and ethical behavior
- Proactive and takes ownership for producing positive results
- Contributes as a valued team member and colleague with leaders at all levels
- Demonstrates personal awareness and desire for continual learning and personal development;
- Keeps commitments; exhibits candor and courage - is not afraid to establish a visible presence and point of view, to engage in spirited and constructive debate, to hold others accountable.
- Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
- Must be able to maintain confidential information
- Must possess the presentation skills and professionalism to project a professional image, both internally and externally
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills are essential.
Thermo Fisher Scientific - 17 months ago
Thermo Fisher Scientific’s 50,000 employees share a single mission: to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and...