Responsible for developing and maintaining hardware implemented in SonoSite proprietary FPGAs/ASICs. Responsible for architecture, analysis, design, simulation, characterization, verification, and test activities associate with FPGA/ASIC development. Also responsible for interfacing with FPGA/ASIC vendors to select appropriate hardware solutions used for ultrasound signal path processing.
• Develop FPGA/ASIC code.
• Verify/stimulate developed FPGA./ASIC code.
• Write FPGA/ASIC design documentation.
• Integrate Software and hardware teams.
• Responsible and accountable for carrying out the requirements of the company’s quality system.
• Communicate project status to lead/manager.
• Communicate with other Engineering departments.
• BS electrical engineering or computer science or equivalent experience.(MSEE preferred)
• 10 years relevant industry experience.
• 5 years experience with FPGA/ASIC design software (Altera Quartus preferred)
• 5 years experience with VHDL preferred. Verilog acceptable
• 5 years experience with simulators a must (Mentor Modelism desired)
• 2 years experience with signal or image processing applications preferred.
• Demonstrate proficient with FPGA/ASIC verification tools, languages and methodologies. (VHDL, System Verilog, System C or C/C++, scripting in Bash, Phyton, Perl, Tcl)
• Extensive experience with product development from conceptionto release including integration on hardware.
• MATLAB experience is desired.
• An understanding or object-oriented concepts and experience designing class-based constrained random test benches is desired.
• Experience with randomized regression testing is highly desired.
• Experience with a reuse methodologies/class library (e.g. OVM) is desired.
• Experience with Assertion based verification is desired.
• ISO, FDA, or other regulated industry training and experience is desired.
• Must be available for working extended hours during critical phases of development programs.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to lift 25lbs with or without accommodations.
SonoSite is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
SonoSite Inc. - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard