VCA Feist Animal Hospital |
i s seeking an experienced P/T Client Service Representative to join our long-established, 6-doctor practice in St. Paul, Minnesota.
At VCA Animal Hospitals, we take our mission statement – your pet’s health is our top priority and excellent service is our goal – very seriously. With every opportunity, we aim to exceed each pet owner’s expectations.
We’re looking for a personable yet highly professional “service extraordinaire” to join us in delivering our mission to our clients and their pets.
Must have a flexible schedule and be available to work evenings and weekends.
As the face of VCA, the Client Service Representative sets the tone for the practice as we build and maintain each customer's trust and confidence in our abilities. The CSR combines customer service with sales skills to develop the relationships we have with our clients, as well as positively impact our business.
Skills and Qualifications
VCA's Client Service Representatives come from a wide variety of professional backgrounds: careers in medical & healthcare fields, retail, hospitality, restaurant service, sales, management, administrative assisting, and call centers. Yet they all share a common passion….the satisfaction that comes from providing an outstanding client experience.
The successful CSR candidate will share VCA's commitment to delivering the highest quality patient care with exceptional client service. He/she will bring a positive attitude, a service orientation, and high energy along with:
- At least one year of proven past experience helping customers.
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent.
- Excellent listening and communication skills.
- Compassion for pets and people—as well as awareness and understanding of others’ reactions.
- Proven decision making skills to choose the most appropriate course of action.
- The ability to integrate new information into problem solving.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Willingness to work non-traditional hours, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- The ability to lift up to 40 lbs. and be exposed to hazards associated with pets such as allergies, contagious diseases, noises, odors, bites, scratches, and animal waste.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Client Service Representative plays a key role in the hospital's success, as his/her immediate interaction with customers impacts revenue, repeat visits, and satisfaction. While this position does not have any clinical duties, the CSR will work hand-in-hand with Veterinarians, Veterinary Technicians, Hospital Managers, Regional Directors, and Kennel teams. The CSR is the pivot around which the hospital operates and is responsible for:
- Customer service functions, including: greeting visitors, answering telephones, and guiding clients and their pets to exam rooms.
- Scheduling and confirming appointments.
- Placing outbound calls for follow-ups and reaching out to prospective clients.
- Presenting and explaining fees, including processing payments.
- Recommending, selecting, and obtaining products and services, including prescriptions.
- Answering questions regarding products and services, including educating clients on general animal husbandry and non-medical pet care (i.e., heartworm prevention, housebreaking, and flea & tick control).
- Managing medical records, charts, reports and correspondence.
- Hospital maintenance (including removal of animal waste) and ensuring that facility is neat and clean at all times—both inside and outside.
We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including: medical/dental/vision and paid vacation (for F/T employees only), 401(k), generous personal pet care discounts and more!
If interested in this opportunity, please click the “Apply” link below.
If you think this would be an ideal opportunity for someone you know, click “Share.”