- Apprenticeship training and 3-5 years experience in a maintenance environment with knowledge of all types of Machine Shop equipment
- Welding knowledge of Tig, Mig, Arc and Gas required
- Capable and willing to work on ladders and/or scaffolding
- Possess own machinist tools
- Ability to handle multiple priorities, working productively and independently with very little supervision
- Possess sheet metal skills including guarding fabrication and layout
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Technical trade school certificate.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Quality and detail oriented in Quality/Operations documentation and machine repair
- Adhere to site safety and quality guidelines. Capable and willing to work on ladders and/or scaffolding
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Computer skills a plus (MS Word, Excel, MS Outlook)
- Ability to work and succeed in a team environment
Technical Trade School Certificate
At GSK Consumer Healthcare, our vision is to be the first and best Fast Moving Consumer Healthcare Company, a “fast, fit, and first” global company enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. GSK is a company with great people, brands that matter, and known for best-in-class results. We recognize that culture can have as much impact on a company’s performance as does its strategy, and we are proud of who we are. GSK is seeking a Machinist at our consumer healthcare manufacturing facility in Oak Hill, NY.
GSK in Oak Hill, NY is the primary manufacturer of the oral care product Aqua Fresh. GSK is located in picturesque Greene County in the capital region of New York State, just 30 miles south Albany, New York. Enjoy the best of mountain views and scenic vistas, hiking and skiing trails while enjoying the cultural arts and amenities of city life in Albany and New York City, just 130 miles south of the city.
and GMP requirements.
- Install new and repair existing equipment from written specifications such as blueprints, equipment manuals, engineering sketches, and verbal instruction.
- Skilled in machinists’ hand tools, measuring instruments and power tools—hammer drills, grinders, benders, etc.
- Ability to make machine parts using a lathe, milling machine, surface grinders and other machine shop equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot processing equipment and high speed packaging equipment.
- Create material lists after obtaining proper authority; order all materials necessary to complete tasks.
- Recommend ideas of equipment improvements to eliminate repetitive repairs.
- Respond to internal customer needs and/or requests professionally, effectively, and efficiently.
- Maintain sprinkler, steam, air, water systems
- Ability to perform preventive maintenance, inspection, and general mechanical repairs and service in the areas of, but not limited to, drywall, pipefitting, painting, concrete work, core drilling, and plumbing.
- Maintain department cleanliness, knowledge of GMPs and SOPs.
- Comply with all Safety, Quality, and FDA regulations.
- Make and repair parts for machinery
- Diagnose equipment problems and take corrective action to achieve optimum line and mixer efficiency.
- Perform preventive maintenance, repairs, and overhauls on all equipment as required
- Assist in the diagnosis of machine electronic controls, sensors, servers and drives.
- Understand other systems that impact line efficiency or operation (pumps, scales, etc.).
- Perform assigned preventative maintenance in order to sustain line performance and document all work preventative and breakdown related in CMMS system.
- Documentation & Procedures:
- Documentation equipment preparation, set up, PM and repair in strict accordance with SOP
- Complete paperwork for Production and Lab in strict accordance with SOP and GMP requirements
- Follow site GMP regulations, and Safety policies and procedures to include LOTO, PTW and Machine Guarding.
- Review equipment status and downtime Paretos with supervision and recommend improvements.
- Assist in the execution of validation protocols and adhere to procedures.
- Document all work performance via the work order system as directed.
- Operational Excellence:
- Participate in site Operational Excellence initiatives to include Root Cause Analysis(RCA), Failure Mode Effect Analysis(FMEA), Foundations, and Kaizans
- Report PM, Changeover, Downtime performance with supervision and recommend
shifts as needed.
- Recommend and implement equipment modifications to increase reliability.
- Actively standardize and document best practice to achieve “Right First Time”.
- Ability to work with outside vendors to recommend component or equipment modifications.
- Required to work overtime to meet company or department needs and flexibility to change
GlaxoSmithKline is dedicated to an innovative workplace and supports you with career long opportunities and learning. We offer a competitive benefits and compensation package designed to attract and retain the very best. For confidential consideration and efficient processing, visit our web site: www.gsk.com. Developing talent through equality of opportunity, M/F/D/V- and we are proudly committed to diversity in our workforce.
- Ability to operate electric pallet jack (forklift) to move materials.
Ability to work flexible rotating schedule to include evenings/weekends as needed.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
GlaxoSmithKline - 14 months ago
GlaxoSmithKline plc (GSK) is a global healthcare group, which is engaged in the creation and discovery, development, manufacture and marketi...