Field Instructors are required to professionally serve as a representative of the organization to all learners and vendors with whom he/she comes into contact. The instructor is responsible for delivering quality instruction to achieve workshop learning objectives as outlined in the syllabus. The instructor will adhere to the workshop materials provided, utilizing professional experience and expertise to supplement content and exemplify concepts. The instructor will create an inclusive learning environment that respects all learners and will exhibit responsiveness to inquiries from learners. The instructor will participate in curriculum review by providing feedback and will relay learner comments and concerns to the organization for purposes of continuous improvement.
- Teach all assigned workshops in accordance with established timeframes, locations and platforms.
- Inspect on-site learning environments to ensure safety for all learners.
- Adequately prepare to deliver instruction. Preparation time will vary based on instructor experience and expertise in the workshop content
- Adhere to workshop outline to ensure achievement of learning objectives.
- Establish learner expectations for the workshop through reference to learning objectives.
- Create a context for the workshop materials by providing interesting and relevant examples.
- Appropriately challenge, engage and communicate with learners to encourage their participation and comprehension.
- Where required, track and document workshop attendance.
- Adhere to organization’s standards for testing protocols, where applicable
- Fairly assess and document learning outcomes.
- Respond to learner’s questions on a timely basis; refer questions to the organization as needed.
- Ensure workshop learning outcomes are achieved as defined by the syllabus.
- Respond to customer service issues; when necessary, relay issues to the organization for resolution.
- Conduct end-of-workshop surveys to collect feedback.
- Provide feedback to the organization on content, instructional materials and workshop venues.
- Adhere to the intellectual property rights of the organization by not utilizing, repurposing or distributing workshop content beyond the originally intended purpose.
Education and Experience
- Provide required documentation regarding professional expertise and/or certification to the organization.
- Engage in professional development as required to maintain licensure and/or certification.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities, Competencies
- Appropriate academic degree and credentials based on the subject area/field of instruction and applicable accreditation requirements.
- Possess appropriate industry experience/expertise based on profession and applicable accreditation requirements.
- No previous teaching experience required.
- Content Expertise
- Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Associate's degree required.
- Earned Baccalaureate degree or currently enrolled in a baccalaureate degree program
- Graduate from an accredited program or an otherwise recognized training entity (e.g., hospital-based program) in the specialty field or subject area.
- DLT – Dental Lab Tech Certification required.
Sanford-Brown in Hazelwood is a career-oriented college located in Hazelwood, MO. Since its beginning in 1998, the goal of this college has...