University of Pittsburgh Physicians is hiring a part-time Admin Assistant - Intermediate to help support the WCA Administration Department for various locations. This position will work float to various locaions. The schedule may vary, the hours are daylight. Under general supervision, provides varied administrative support to a department, a group of professionals or multiple departments.
May also perform all responsibilities of an Administrative Assistant - Associate:
- Under general direction, provides varied administrative support to a department or group of professionals.
- Maintains supervisor's calendar (i.e., proactively schedules meetings on supervisor's behalf, makes recommendations for large meeting venues and catering, takes leadership role to ensure meetings flow smoothly).
- Composes routine, general, and unique/independent correspondence (i.e., sends more than standard emails, begins to modify content of email on behalf of department head, reads and answers correspondence).
- Collects, compiles, and analyzes moderately complex data and information. Composes straightforward written descriptions of results. Researches, drafts, and/or abstracts reports (i.e., conduct initial research to gather information for Supervisor regarding topic of interest).
- Assists supervisor and department with presentations (i.e., provides content editing/content recommendations in addition to standard proofing).
- Reviews administrative procedures and interprets them for employees.
- Maintains various accounting and budgetary records (i.e., completes expense reports).
- May make travel arrangements.
- Performs routine clerical functions, such as copying, sorting, filing, and typing. Sets up and maintains varied office files, logs, and records office activities.
- Orders office supplies and maintains office equipment.
- Answers, screens, and routes incoming calls and messages. Responds to routine questions
- Greets, screens, and directs visitors to appropriate staff member.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Three years experience in an administrative support role
- Ability to perform advanced functions in word processing, electronic mail/calendar, spreadsheet, presentation and database software
- Ability to use applicable MS Suite products
- Working knowledge of business processes and procedures
- Knowledge of basic accounting and financial principles and functions
- Ability to analyze data and use basic reasoning skills
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer.
UPMC - 2 years ago
UPMC is a $10 billion global health enterprise with more than 55,000 employees headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pa., and is transforming health...