PRN Physical Therapist
Concentra, with over 300 outpatient clinics in 40 states, seeks stellar Physical Therapists! We treat acute musculoskeletal injuries in working men & women! Our philosophy is focused towards a dynamic early intervention (seeing patients typically within 1 to 3 days of their injury) functional approach to musculoskeletal medicine. Our focus is on education, manual therapy and exercise-based programs.
Candidatesmust ensure the delivery of exceptional customer service by self and the center colleagues by putting all customers (internal and external) first and displaying:
- A healing focus
- A selfless heart
- A tireless resolve
We offer a competitive compensation & benefits package, which includes:
*Transitional DPT assistance
*Manual Therapy Certification assistance
*Annual CEU Assistance plus 3 CME days
*Paid Time Off plan
*Work/life balance- most clinics are open M-F 8-5
*Manageable caseload of approx. 11-14 pts/day.
*Paid Licensure Renewals and State & National APTA Dues.
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Acting on a prescription and according to professional standards, evaluates, plans and executes patients’ treatment programs and supervises Therapy staff in accordance with Concentra Medical Centers’ Injury Process Management and Concentra Medical Centers’ philosophy of rehabilitation in occupational medicine and in accordance with Concentra policies, practices and procedures and applicable regulations.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Clinical Responsibilities (Process Management / Content Management skills)
Business / Financial Responsibilities
- Conducts an initial evaluation on physician referrals and develops appropriate treatment plans.
- Ensures that other treating medical professionals have the necessary information to appropriately evaluate the patient’s functional ability.
- Communicates with all medical providers regarding patients and diagnoses for referral to occupational therapy as well as advances in the field.
- Communicates with all therapy patients, setting expectations for return-to-work and emphasizing education and motivation.
- Develops knowledge of best demonstrated practices and specific quality indicators to measure and improve them.
- Communicates with employers concerning specific rehabilitation issues of injured employees as indicated and meets with employers to discuss Concentra’s early intervention philosophy.
- Participates in the evaluation of the capital equipment and staff needed to fulfill rehabilitation responsibilities.
- Participates with the Center Therapy Director to bring new business to the center.
- Assists with the provision of statistical analysis of the center’s therapy performance.
- Establishes and promotes clear lines of communication between therapy and other center staff members.
- Assists in tracking of pre-authorization requirements according to state standards in the patients chart.
- Assists with the interviewing of prospective therapy staff and provides feedback
- Assists with the coordination of the center’s therapy staff schedules to ensure efficient productivity while meeting client needs.
- Assists with evaluation of the performance of all therapy Technician staff, Physical Therapist Assistant’s and/or Physical Therapists.
- Assists with evaluating the performance of any Physical Therapist staff member at the center for the purpose of promotion.
- Assists with the disciplinary process for all Therapy Technician staff members, Physical Therapist Assistant’s and/or Physical Therapist.
- Assists in identifying issues in need of disciplinary action.
- Assists in determining the point at which the action has been corrected, further discipline must be conducted, or if termination is necessary.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Communicates with the Outcome Assurance Injury Coordinator or the Case Manager for each patient.
- Communication regarding the patients’ objective progress, compliance with the program, compliance with attendance of scheduled appointments, the therapist’s estimated time frame until discharged from therapy.
- Participates in clinical instruction of university occupational therapy and/or occupational therapist assistant students.
- Participates with the evaluation of the effectiveness of the rehabilitation quality management process and assist in new and improved processes.
- Ensures compliance with rules and regulations established by the relevant licensing, certification and accrediting bodies.
- Develops a working knowledge of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), their State Workers’ Compensation law.
- Develops or improves occupational medicine services and overall teamwork within the centers.
- Meets with the Regional Therapy Director or the designee on a regular to discuss quality of patient care, procedures, records, review of new policies and other issues as indicated.
- Participates regularly in professional continuing education.
Concentra's Data Protection Commitment
* Concentra is committed to protect patient data and to ensure privacy of personal and medical information.
* Every Concentra colleague has the responsibility to adhere to data protection principles.
* If a colleague's role includes handling or processing sensitive data, role-specific policies and requirements apply to ensure the protection of patient information.
DEMONSTRATE JOB-RELATED SKILLS/COMPETENCIES
- Demonstrate strong communication and organizational skills.
JOB RELATED EXPERIENCE
- BS or Master's Degree in Physical Therapy.
- Current license for state where practicing.
- 2 - 4 years clinical experience without occupational health background or one to two years occupational health experience.
- This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra Inc. - 15 months ago
Concentra Managed Care, Inc. is the leading provider of healthcare management and cost containment services to the workers' compensation,...