Business Office Manager I
As a Envoy Health Care Business Office Manager, the primary purpose of your job position is to assist in the day-to-day accounting functions of the facility in accordance with current acceptable accounting and cost reimbursement principles relating to nursing facility operations, and as may be directed by the Executive Director.
Duties and Responsibilities
Business Office manager oversees the following:
- Maintenance of open packing slips and purchase order files.
- Matching invoices to packing slips and purchase orders.
- Process and verify payment of invoices on a timely basis
- Verification of invoices received for quantity, unit price, extensions and discounts.
- Make written reports to the Executive Director on invoices received that do not match purchase orders.
- Forward invoices to appropriate department personnel for approval for payment.
- Code invoices with appropriate chart of account number to ensure that expenses are distributed to the correct expense account.
- Preparation of invoices for keypunching.
- Verification of voucher reports, remittance advices, check and journals for the accuracy of each report.
- Attach original invoice to duplicate copy/canceled check for permanent record.
- Send checks and maintains a file of paid invoices.
- Communicate with supplier/vendors concerning errors or questions on invoices.
- Prepare monthly totals of open invoices, accounts payable, cash disbursements, etc., as may be directed.
- Assist in preparing monthly financial statement to include preparing monthly balance sheet, income and expense reports as required.
- Assist in preparing trial balances as directed.
- Maintain payroll to include maintenance of employee record, processing time card, paychecks, computation of federal and state payroll taxes, miscellaneous deductions, etc., as directed .
- Receive and respond to inquiries concerning resident accounts.
- Produce statements of resident account activity for responsible parties.
- Make written and oral reports/recommendations to the Accountant concerning accounting functions.
- Develop and utilize computer reports and output.
- Ensure that resident admission contracts are signed and appropriately filed.
- Follow established resident fund accounting procedures. Provide each resident with a quarterly accounting of his/her funds managed by the facility.
- Report any known or suspected unauthorized attempt to access facility’s information system.
Business Office Manager I
Must possess, as a minimum, a high-school diploma or its equivalent. Two-year degree preferred.
Must have, as a minimum, one (1) year experience in bookkeeping or accounting practices. Experience in health care accounting preferred but not required.
Consulate Health Care - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard