Sr. Maintenance Manager - Tool & Die
Job Summary :
The Sr. Manager is responsible for the operational and maintenance aspects of Tool & Die and Press within one of the world’s largest stamping plants. Accountability for executing team solutions for die formability, autonomous and general tool and die maintenance, press automation, engineering changes, and press reliability. This position will have direct reports and will be responsible for performance on all shifts.
Job Functions :
Job responsibilities include scheduling of Die Maintenance and supervision of the Die Maintenance Dept. is the primary duty. Prime importance will be production uptime of equipment. Scheduling of repairs or modifications and scheduling of purchased parts is part of this position. Technical knowledge and expertise in a large stamping operation would be the ideal background. Qualified individuals must have strong Maintenance and Tool & Die knowledge and expertise. Analyzes maintenance schedules and makes recommendations to enhance production. Position will be information source for all Die related stamping concerns.
· Manage and motivate Maintenance and Tool & Die operations of the Stamping Plant through a team of function managers, engineers, technicians, and front line supervisors to ensure quality and improvement activities to expedite robustness, productivity, and repair efficiency.
· Ensures compliance with company standards for safety, budget, pricing, coaching, cost control, waste reduction, customer satisfaction and quality within the Department.
· Responsible for all aspects of industrial, multi-craft maintenance including training plans, and strategic and tactical planning.
· Facilitates all work group activities to meet established quality standards and the objectives of safety, cost and delivery and interfaces with Director to coordinate strategic and tactical initiatives.
· Develop New Model planning and support including budgets and manpower.
· Oversee in-house Die manufacturing opportunities to reduce new program capital spending and deliver high quality parts.
· Coordination of all shifts press, equipment, and maintenance and Tool & Die activities to support Nissan’s Business Plan.
· Interact with Quality, Production, and Body Weld to continuously improve processes throughout Tool & Die and Stamping Maintenance Department.
• Minimum 10+ years experience in a Tool Room in either die casting or large scale stamping environment.
• 5-year minimum leadership experience in a high-paced manufacturing environment
• Experience being responsible for the Die tooling and maintenance of tooling for a large stamping operation.
• Experience with automotive ‘A’ surface panels, Maintenance of Dies to include inspection, repair, rebuild or replace decisions.
• Experience with maintenance and Tool & Die operations within automotive productivity programs.
• Experience with press repair, precision tolerances, press operations and Die set-up and testing, problem solving, and process improvements.
• Ability to plan, organize and control all aspects of internal tooling development.
• Thorough computer knowledge such as word processor, spreadsheet, other PC applications, or mainframe applications to resolve complex problems in day to day situations. Knowledge of CAD a plus.
• Excellent verbal and written communication; excellent motivational skills required.
Previous experience with large transfer and stand alone tandem presses. Previous experience as a Journeyman Toolmaker.
Hands on experience with body and stamping, robotics/PLCs, and working in a highly automated shop/manufacturing facility.
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field preferred
Must be willing to travel internationally to support the development of the project and trials.
NISSAN - 17 months ago
Nissan Motor gets where it's going in North America through Nissan North America. With plants in the US and Mexico, Nissan North...