The Technical Specialist, I&TG provides highly specialized business or technical knowledge to development work teams or personnel internal and external to department. This position assists work teams with troubleshooting and developing applications or business solutions to ensure efficient performance. This position also provides guidance and leadership in the development and testing of standards, helps drive design of future architecture and maintains legacy infrastructure for IT systems.
Required Skills/ Experience:
• 3+ years supporting open source Linux operating systems (RHEL, CENTOS, Fedora) and hardware in an enterprise environment.
• 3+ years experience installing, configuring Linux based systems
• Strong scripting expertise including BASH, PHP, PERL, Java script and UNIX Shell
• Knowledge of java virtual machines (JVM) and multithreaded processing
• Expertise in typical system administration and programming skills such as storage capacity management, performance tuning, system dump analysis, server hardening (security).
• Demonstrated ability to apply problem analysis and resolution techniques to complex system problems
• Strong network background with a good understanding of TCP/IP, firewalls and DNS
Desired, but not required Skills/ Experience:
• Hands on experience with the Hadoop stack; MapReduce, Sqoop, Pig, Hive, Flume
• Knowledge of NoSQL platforms
• Hands on experience with deploying and administering MySQL databases
• Ability to read, understand, and build java code
• Hands on experience with opens source monitoring tools including; Nagios and Ganglia
Sears, Roebuck and Co. hasn't outgrown the mall scene, but it's spending more time in other places. Beyond its 840 US mall-based stores,...