Manages all aspects of the housekeeping department to ensure clean, orderly, and attractive conditions of the establishment. Is responsible for the inventory management, ordering of all supplies, hiring, training, correcting and scheduling all housekeeping employees in conjunction with the Housekeeping Supervisor.
- Interview, train, lead, coach, and correct a team of Core, Regular, Seasonal and Part Time Housekeeping Staff in conjunction with the Housekeeping Supervisor and Lodging Operations Manager to ensure the employees have to the skills, tools, and knowledge required to perform their job at the highest level while remaining engaged.
- Manages the Housekeeping schedule to ensure consistency and adequate coverage for all shifts with consideration for the staff requests.
- Ensures the cleanliness of all lodge common areas, including lobbies, bathrooms, hallways, ski locker rooms, and hot tub areas.
- Establishes and demonstrates standards and procedures for housekeeping staff to include OSHA standards, Intrawest G&Os, Safetey Standards, Guest Service Standards, and all company SOPs, including HotSOS and Unifocus.
- Plans, assigns, and directs work of Housekeeping staff as well as appraises performance, rewards and disciplines staff and address any complaints and resolve problems with the Housekeeping Supervisor.
- Inspects and evaluates physical condition of establishment. Documenting inspection forms to hold cleaners accountable and to use as recognition or re-training tools.
- Helps Lodging Operations Manager manage J.I.T. purchasing via JDE order system, maintain inventory systems, reconcile invoices and follow ordering/receiving procedures; as well as assist in the billing of all end of month statements to Board Associations.
- Investigates new and improves cleaning instruments and methods, researching green initiatives and products.
- Has working knowledge of equipment and periodically inventories and orders supplies and equipment as required.
- Manage a safe employee and guest environment and ensure required safety meetings and updates are delivered.
- Responsible for establishing all Housekeeping procedures in conjunction with the Lodging Operations Manager while continuously seeking new ways to improve the current processes.
- Creates and maintains detailed, high quality and accurate Standard Operating Procedures (S.O.P.s) for all Housekeeping lodging operations.
- Ensures proper and timely communication with the Front Desk regarding owner/guest special requests, early check-ins, late check-outs, and room moves.
- Is responsible for the Housekeeping staff following the established uniform and appearance policies and taking corrective action if necessary.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures.
- Knows the Winter Park Resort Core Values and models them to other employees
- This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office & moderate computer functionality required
- At least five years of related experience required
- Experience as a supervisor and/or manager required
- Experience at a Mountain Resort Lodging Property preferred.
- Experience with computer systems such as Springer-Miller Systems (SMS) Property Management System, Kronos, and/or J.D. Edwards (JDE) preferred.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Is honest and demonstrates integrity
- Follows established resort policies and procedures
- Is able to manage confidential information
- Reports to work exhibiting a professional appearance within defined guidelines
- Is supportive of resort mission and core values
- Sets a positive attitude for others to follow
- Is comfortable challenging established policies and procedures, but once decisions are made, is supportive of decisions
- Is organized and capable of performing multiple tasks
- Is trustworthy and self-directed in work tasks
- Sees projects through to completion including follow-ups on any identified issues or long-term concerns
- Is able to handle a fast-paced working environment
- Is flexible with days and hours of work, based on resort needs
- Prioritizes, and re-prioritizes personal time versus work needs to ensure a good balance in life, and quality of work.
- Every guest encountered will be acknowledged, thanked and invited back
- At the end of the day, you will know you had a positive impact on our guests
- Employee will strive to exceed guest’s expectations
- Fulfills all owner and guest requests in a timely and professional manner.
- Has strong knowledge of the resort/department, products, services, has experienced many of those products and services.
- Listens carefully to owner and guest needs and expectations
- Anticipates & quickly responds to all owner & guest needs and potential concerns
- Communicates will all vendors in a professional manner at all times.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily- reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- This position is required to work evenings, weekends and holidays when necessary.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors- temperature is moderate and controlled by environmental systems.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to an average shift of 8 hours.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis. Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 200 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space and to reach different floors of the building on a timely basis.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment and products.
- Able to wear personal protective equipment including but not limited to non-slip shoes, protective eye wear, and protective gloves.
- Auditory and visual acuity to operate computers, phones, mobile devices and basic office equipment on a constant basis.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
This position description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for the role described above. With the evolution of Winter Park Resort, the responsibilities of this position may change as may the dates associated with many of the tasks. During these times of change, this position requires the flexibility and willingness to accept new responsibilities and potentially transfer others. It will also be the responsibility of any employee of Winter Park Resort to be a positive influence on the transformation of the resort and its associated lines of business.
Intrawest - 11 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Intrawest is a leader in the development and management of experiential destination resorts. The Company has a network of resorts at North...