In the Linux Systems Engineering team at Walt Disney Animation Studios, we build tools and manage systems that artists use daily to create celebrated feature animation films. The team is responsible for designing and engineering the Linux-based systems running the production desktop and compute farm. We are seeking a Systems Administrator with expertise in Linux distribution customization, desktop configuration, tuning, and associated technologies to innovate and support the next generation of tools and services needed for our current and future films. This position is located at our studio in Burbank, CA.
The Systems Administrator is expected to have experience with systems administration skills on Linux. This position will focus on systems testing and configuration, performance and capacity management, as well as documentation and escalated customer support response.
This role works closely with multiple production and engineering teams to support requirements, troubleshoot issues, and provide stellar customer support. The Systems Administrator should be someone who is creative, proactive, constructive, and highly motivated, and be prepared to work in an extremely collaborative, dynamic and high-energy environment.
• Minimum 2 years experience working as a Linux Systems Administrator
• Experience working in a high-capacity, mission-critical LINUX desktop and server environment
• Expertise in system installation, configuration, administration, troubleshooting, monitoring, and security procedures
• Experience in at least two relevant scripting or programming languages (Shell, Python, Perl, C/C++, etc.)
• Experience with automation systems (Puppet, CFEngine, etc)
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux or a derivative distribution
• Coding experience with Python and Bash scripting
• Puppet and RPM repository customization
• Virtualization experience
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures.