Job Title: Software Programmer (N-IT)
Job ID: 269302
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Org Marketing Statement
Unisys is a worldwide information technology company. We provide a portfolio of IT services, software, and technology that solves critical problems for clients. We specialize in helping clients secure their operations, increase the efficiency and utilization of their data centers, enhance support to their end users and constituents, and modernize their enterprise applications. To provide these services and solutions, we bring together offerings and capabilities in outsourcing services, systems integration and consulting services, infrastructure services, maintenance services, and high-end server technology. With approximately 22,500 employees, Unisys serves commercial organizations and government agencies throughout the world.
Day to Day Work
This position will work collaboratively with the Data Activity Record Tracking System (DART) Resource Manager to provide application development and maintenance of the DART System.
The DART System is a critical application that provides coordinated outage planning and scheduling management by allowing authorized users to draft, plan, submit, review, schedule, complete, cancel and delete outages. Additionally, DART supports dispatch logging functions for reporting system events as well as unplanned outages using a variety of dispatch notes and other reporting features. The successful candidate will serve a critical role as a programmer on an existing XP based development team. This position will work directly with the Business and Technical Team to implement user stories/change requests. This will involve using existing standards, procedures and practices to design, code, test, deploy, configure and support the DART System. This position may also be asked to participate as a programmer on other teams in support of the Transmission Grid Operations business unit as needed.
Position Responsibilities include but not limited to:
* Attend and participate in team meetings (design, iteration planning, stand-up, etc…)
* Analyze, estimate, test, code, and deploy application/system changes
* Apply existing standards, procedures and practices as appropriate
* Undergraduate College degree – Computer Technology or related field
* 10+ years of experience in software development
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite of products, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, to include Microsoft Office 2010
* Experience with multiple programming languages
Additional Experience Requirements
* Experience with any or all of the following is desired
* Adobe Flex applications
* Cairngorm Framework
* Source Control Systems (preferably Subversion)
* C# .NET
* Rails 3.0
* Experience working in Agile development team (preferably XP based)
* System Administration experience
General Skills Requirements:
* Understanding and experience applying:
* Object oriented programming principles
* Design patterns
* Current experience practicing Test Driven Development
* Ability to adapt to changing requirements and processes
* Demonstrated experience developing:
* Ruby on Rails applications
* Web Services
* Knowledge of Agile development methodologies/practices
* Ability to troubleshoot and resolve performance problems at various layers of a system (application, database, server, network, etc…).
* Strong ability to quickly become familiar with existing systems and codebases
* Ability to quickly learn programming languages and technologies
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to effectively translate between business and technical experts
* Good documentation skills
* Meet timelines, milestones and project expectations
* Provide emergency and backup support for existing systems and functions. Required to provide personal contact information (phone numbers only) for emergency call outs, carry a BPA supplied cell phone/pager (if applicable), and work non-core hours when requested.
* May be required to work on an after-hours on-call rotation with other team members.
NOTE: Candidates lacking direct experience with Ruby on Rails will be considered if they can demonstrate:
* Strong ability to quickly learn new languages.
* Extensive OOP development experience
* Proficiency in two Object Oriented languages
Do you have what it takes to be mission-critical? Apply Now.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Security Clearance Requirement
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED.
Unisys - 20 months ago
Unisys is a worldwide information technology company. We provide a portfolio of IT services, software, and technology that solves critical...