Kodiak Support Services (KSS) is seeking a Plants/Fuel
Distribution System Mechanic to maintain and repair
industrial plants at the U.S. Coast Guard Base in
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES:
storage and distribution systems, water and
- Repair and maintenance responsibilities include fuel
wastewater systems, steam generation and
distribution systems and maintenance of a liquid
oily waste processing facility.
facilities to detect and correct leakage, corrosion,
- Inspects industrial storage and distribution
faulty fittings and malfunction of mechanical units,
meters and gages such as distribution lines float
gages, piping, valves, pumps and sumps.
for safe-operating condition, grounding and
- Inspects electrical wiring, switches and controls
replaces gaskets and seals and corrects pumping
- Lubricates and re-packs valves. Lubricates pumps,
equipment misalignment. Cleans strainers and
filters, services water separators, and checks
meters for correct delivery and calibration.
regulating devices and valves.
- Overhauls system components such as pressure
thermometers and meters and replaces them.
- Disassembles, adjusts aligns and calibrates gages,
piping to modify systems or repair and replace
- Removes and installs equipments such as filters and
corrosion and repaints surfaces. Overhauls vacuum
- Cleans tanks and distribution lines. Removes
and pressure vents, floating roof seals, hangers and
practical application of hydrostatic testing.
- Maintains records of inspections and repairs.
- Must have knowledge of and experience in the
response equipment and accessories.
- Operates, Maintains, inspects and repairs spill
- Participates as spill response team member.
- May be required to be on-call as a spill response
NON - ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains and updates schematic of systems.
Hazardous Materials and Tank Endorsement
- Other duties as assigned.
- 40 hour HAZWOPPER certification required (current).
- ISC-200 training completed.
- Valid Commercial Alaska Driver’s License with
(Recommended but Required complete w/in 6 months of
- Own hand tools as required by a Journeyman Mechanic.
- ASME-certified for welding of pipelines and
- State of Alaska Painters Card.
- Trained and certified as a “Ship Yard Competent
Repair or equivalent experience.
- Five years (5) of Fuel Terminal Maintenance and
licensing or experience.
- One year (1) Experience as Fuel Farm Operator
- Alaska State Boilers Operator Licensing.
- Alaska State Water treatment or wastewater treatment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
the English language.
- Able to clearly communicate (orally and written) in
- Able to work independently, self-starter.
- Good documentation and organizational skills.
- Able to respond to calls for work outside of normal
- Able to clearly communicate by radio.
- Familiar with Microsoft programs.
The physical demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an employee to successfully
perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential and marginal functions may require maintaining
physical condition necessary for bending, stooping,
sitting, walking or standing for prolonged periods of
time; working requirements are a combination of
maintenance shop activities which require lifting,
handling or moving up to 75 lbs, working in on top of or
beneath vehicles or equipment on jacks/stands; and
office settings for data entry and reporting. Proper
wearing of Personal Protective Equipment is essential
along with hearing protection when required.
Work Environment characteristics described here are
representative of those that must be borne by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions
of this job.
The work described herein is primarily active, performed
in a maintenance shop setting. Walking and climbing will
be required at work sites. The work environment involves
risks or discomforts that require specific safety
precautions typical of such places as vehicle and
maintenance shop environments.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFYING FACTORS:
As a condition of employment, may be required to pass a
pre-employment drug screening, as well as have
acceptable reference and background check results to
obtain a secret security clearance.
Bering Straits Native Corporation is an Equal
Opportunity/ AA/ M/ F/ D/ V employer.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification
Program. We are a drug free workplace.
We only accept resumes when posted to our Career Site
for open positions.
If you are a person requiring accommodation or
assistance to apply for a job please contact
HR@beringstraits.com or call (907) 334-8322.
Visit our website at www.beringstraits.com for more
details and to apply.
Division/Department : Inuit Services, Inc
Offer Relocation : No
# of Openings : 1
% of Travel Required : None
Job Code : 379
Bering Straits Native Corporation - 20 months ago