One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well- drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention- and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
Minimize job expenses - Use care and attention when operating equipment, handling materials, operating company vehicles, etc, ensure that equipment, materials, company vehicles, etc, are utilized in an efficient and cost effective manner
Seek and identify opportunities to improve processes, reduce waste and reduce company costs on a continuous basis. Perform job specifications in accordance to project specifications; operational, QHSE and SOP's
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (not listed in any particular order)
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Function as lead-man during rig up of equipment and operation of equipment.
- May be required to work as a field supervisor in certain situations.
- Coordinate and participate in installation of unit or system to be tested, including rig up and rig down of all test equipment, and indicating instruments.
- Operate controls to subject test systems within safe parameters of the designed equipment
- Monitor controls and instruments and record test data for engineer/client's use.
- Recommend changes in test methods or equipment.
- Help get equipment ready and load out with very little direction from job Supervisor, ensure to utilize load out sheet.
- Ensure you are equipped with all required personal protective equipment (PPE) and clothing (steel toed work boots, FR (Fire Retardant) coveralls, hard hat, safety glasses, gloves and hearing protection
- Arrive punctually and be prepared to work for the duration of shift
- Perform rig-in duties as assigned by the Job Supervisor
- Perform a shift change safety meeting, hand over and walk around with the cross shift
- Perform maintenance and repair work as assigned by the Job Supervisor
- Consult with the Job Supervisor before proceeding with jobs for which instruction or proper training has not been provided
- Learn and perform data collection as directed by the Job Supervisor or company representative for accurate reporting.
- Learn and perform troubleshooting of daily operations
- Report all incidents, accidents and unsafe working environments to the Job Supervisor
- Maintain open, professional communications with all crewmembers and company representatives
- Good mechanical knowledge
- Good written and oral communication skills
GED/High School diploma
Good knowledge of well testing procedures
ANY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations.
Weatherford - 2 years ago
Weatherford International can weather the natural and economic storms that affect the oil and gas market. The company, which is domiciled in...