Works under general supervison in the management of Juvenile Court cases involving probation, non-custodial diversion and traffic.
EEOC CODE: 20
GRADE: 45 Minimum Qualifications Two (2) years of counseling experience, preferably with youth; graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's Degree in Psychology, Criminal Justice, Social Science, Behavioral Sciences, Theological/Religious Studies, Corrections, Communication, Humanities, or Education; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. (PROOF OF EDUCATION REQUIRED)
Special Requirements 1. Must have a valid Tennessee Driver's License.
2. Must pass a written psychological examination administered by an agency designated by the Juvenile Court of Memphis and Shelby County.
3. Must pass criminal background check.
4. Must pass TB Skin Test.
Duties and Responsibilities 1. Makes pre-hearing and pre-sentence investigations by interviewing family, and other concerned parties.
2. Schedules conferences and Court hearings with children and their families regarding delinquent, unruly, dependent/neglect or abuse charges.
3. Make non-judicial dispositions that render appropriate rehabilitation for children.
4. Creates both paper and computerized case files.
5. Prepares legal documents and reports for court presentations; present cases before the Court.
6. Maintains social (family), delinquent, and dependent/neglect histories on assigned children and families.
7. Maintains daily contact with children held in the Detention Center and prepare for detention hearings.
8. Makes referrals to other agencies to meet the needs of individual cases.
9. Obtains supportive information such as school records, psychiatric, psychological and medical reports in reference to assigned cases.
10. Maintains daily notes of interest on assigned children to computerized case management database and hard copy family social file.
11. Prepares case management reports and daily task list.
12. Transports children to and from medical and psychological appointments; make arrangements to return children to their homes, or transport them
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities 1. Knowledge of modern counseling techniques.
2. Knowledge of Juvenile Justice System.
3. Ability to plan, organize and maintain an even flow of work.
4. Ability to deal courteously with the public.
5. Ability to maintain effective working relationships with associate agencies.
6. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-worker and clients.
7. Knowledge of community resources for children and families.
8. Ability to write meaningful reports and case histories.
9. Knowledgeable of juvenile problems and causes.
10. Ability to involve needed sources and resources in the guidance and rehabilitation of children.
11. Ability to engage in public speaking required.
12. Ability to use a computer in a PC network environment.
13. Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
Shelby County Government is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, national origin or handicap status
Shelby County Government participates in E-Verify
Equal Opportunity Employer
Memphis and Shelby County Health Department - 2 years ago
Shelby County Health Care Corporation, dba Regional Medical Center at Memphis (The MED), provides a variety of health care services to the...