1) Required knowledge, skills & abilities: |
- Knowledge of child cognitive development and different learning styles
- Knowledge of subject matter, including California State Standards
- Ability and willingness to implement Aspire Instructional Guidelines and Best Practices
- Ability and willingness to reflect and improve
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues, parents and community
- Willingness to drive to Aspire schools within a 45 minute driving radius
2) Minimum educational level:
- Bachelors degree
- Valid California Teaching Credential (30-day, intern, multi or single subject)
3) Experience required:
- 1+ year working with students as a teacher, teacher intern, or teaching assistant preferred
4) Physical requirements:
- Stand, walk or bend over, kneel, crouch, reach overhead, grasp, push, and pull. Move, lift and/or carry up to 30 pounds to shoulder height.
- Repetitive use of hands (i.e. fine manipulation, simple grasping, and power grasping).
- Demonstrate normal depth perception.
- Sitting, walking or standing for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, operate standard office equipment, and use a telephone
- See and read a computer screen and printed matter with or without vision aids.
- Distinguish colors.
- Read and understand rules and policies, labels, and instructions.
- Hear and understand speech at normal levels and on the telephone.
- Verbal communications, including the ability to speak and hear at normal room levels and on the telephone.
5) Work environment:
- Work indoors in a standard office environment, computer lab, and/or classroom environment.
- Exposure to dust, oils, and cleaning chemicals.
- Some exposure to childhood and other diseases in a school environment.
- May be required to work outside of normal workdays and office hours to meet operational deadlines.
- CA Credential (30 day, Intern, Multi-subject or Single-Subject)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
- Cover Letter
EdJoin.org - 15 months ago