Provide materials management for N.A. suppliers, shipping to Ford of Europe. Provide training, direction and analysis with regards to any inbound/outbound material deliveries; plant scheduling; and procurement issues affecting both the internal customer and (production) and external customer (OEM, Tier1, 11 etc). All such activities will be conducted in the most cost efficient manner in compliance with corporate plant objectives
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manage supplier release information / shipping to scheduled requirements, and advise customer of any requirements that are not fulfilled as requested.
• Calculate release information with need at the final delivery plant based on scheduled requirements.
• Manage all shortage material and communicate with the customer to provide analysis and recommendation on mode to ensure material is protecting need at the destination plant.
• Manage internal UTi systems as well as Ford internal system with necessary tracking/tracing/updates on all requirements/material.
• Receive, review, and process export documentation for an assigned base of accounts.
• Meet all Company and government deadlines for processing these documents.
• Prepare and/or send advance notification of shipments and documents to banks, shippers, consignees, and destination offices, as required and within Company standards.
• Work with Ocean Export to arrange, book, and confirm cargo space on vessels. Coordinate the ordering of cargo to port and manage material to ensure delivery to plant as expected.
• Communicate with clients, coworkers, and supervisors in a clear, concise, and timely manner.
• Adhere to all domestic and international shipping regulations.
• Provide excellent and timely customer service, under the close supervision and advice of the department Supervisor or Manager, by informing clients of the status of shipments and referring clients to a higher-level authority when questions are beyond scope of responsibility.
• Advise department Supervisor or Manager of any transaction problems or irregularities.
• Adhere to all company policies, procedures, and guidelines, such as the Code of Conduct, assigned work schedules, and attendance requirements.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Determine proper source of supply for production parts and as not to be in direct conflict with corporate purchasing
• Develops suppliers in continuous improvements process
• Monitors performance of suppliers to company objectives
• Manages output of plant floor schedules to support customer demand
• Manage activities of shipping and receiving supervisors to process materials receipts and shipments and related documents on a timely basis
• Manages cycle count and physical inventories for purpose of maintaining accurate inventories
• Monitors all related performance tracking issues for inventory levels, past due schedules and premium freight
• Interfaces with other plant and corporate personnel with respect to change affecting supply and demand of components, resins and finished goods
• Manages staff to accomplish all of the above stated objectives and any as determined by plant/corporate directions
• Ability to meet deadline
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Organizational and time management
• MRP/ERP exposure and utilization
• PC based user programs such as: Excel and Word
• QS 9000 Awareness Training
• Must successfully complete, or have completed, all courses applicable to the position at UTi University.
• Must successfully complete, or have completed, on-site systems training by a qualified team member.
• Actively improve knowledge of domestic and international shipping regulations through self-study and attendance at all approved external seminars and at applicable courses and seminars presented or assigned by the Company.
JOB SKILLS AND SPECIFICATIONS
• Very good verbal communication skills and past customer service experience are required, as work includes extensive phone contact with carriers and other parties concerning the ocean export process.
• Very good written communication skills to compose routine letters and to edit and proof business correspondence and reports.
• The ability to organize, prepare, and assemble documents or reports containing data from several sources.
• The ability to use Company-standard software for word processing, spreadsheets, etc., to generate more elaborate reports, charts, and graphs as applicable.
• Very good communication skills
• Very good judgment
• High integrity
• Very good problem-solving and analytical skills
• The ability to multi-task
• The ability to work well under pressure
• The ability to be a team player
• The ability to establish priorities and meet goals
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• A minimum of one year international transportation industry experience preferred or a minimum of two years of college courses in supply chain logistics, international transportation, or a related field of study.
- Five to seven years of progressive material management experience
- Two to five years of supervisory experience
• Must be available to travel, up to one week, for system training
Work is generally sedentary in nature but may require standing and walking for up to 10% of the time.
The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment with standard office equipment available.
UTi Worldwide - 14 months ago
Analyst Material Handling
Flat Rock, MI
- 19 days ago
Oracle Technical Analyst - Oak Park, MI
Key duties of job: The Oracle Technical Analyst develops, implements, and maintains interfaces and extensions to the Oracle e-Business Suite to meet specific business needs of the company. Will be responsible to troubleshoot Oracle Application implement
EATON STEEL BAR COMPANY
- 30 days ago
Pratt & Miller
New Hudson, MI
Pratt & Miller
- 2 days ago