Sr. Programmer Analyst – Financial Systems
This position will be responsible for working on the Application Services - Financial Systems Team performing development and support work on Sterling-authored and Third-Party packages working within a team environment. While this team supports several packages, the focus of this team is on the Lawson System used for financials, payroll and procurement.
The Sr. Programmer Analyst will be responsible for the analysis, design, coding, unit testing and system testing of complex software programs required to support key business processes. This position is also responsible for documentation, assisting with training, software migration, work flows, and troubleshooting which are assigned by the Director/Project Manager/Leader.
This individual will maintain a very high level of technical expertise on the technologies utilized within the Financial Systems Team including hardware platforms, operating systems, databases and programming languages. This position is responsible for staying up-to-date on existing Lawson and Lawson partner that can be used to meet current and future Sterling business requirements.
Highly valued skills:
- At least 10 years technical experience in the design, development and deployment of complex business applications.
- Proficiency in technical design and testing.
- Experienced and comfortable working on a team and independently, writing code that complies with established coding standards, and developed using a system development life cycle methodology.
- Good communication skills and a demonstrated aptitude for communicating with both the technical staff and end-users to understand application requirements and design.
- Recent, direct hands-on experience supporting Lawson or another HR/Financial suite.
- Experience working in a project-oriented environment.
- Experience in the support of Third Party packages.
- Recent experience in application development utilizing one or more of the following programming languages: Cobol ( preference to Micro Focus Cobol), VB, VB .net, Java.
- Application development experience in the HP-UX and/or Windows operating system environments.
- Development experience with applications that utilize the Oracle Database running on Linux or UNIX and/or MS SqlServer running on Windows.
Sterling Jewelers Inc.
- 2 years ago - save job