Netflix is the world's leading streaming video service, and our growth is accelerating. As we grow internationally, we are continually improving our cloud-based technology infrastructure to help us scale and move even faster. Using cloud-based technology is powering our explosive growth while presenting new challenges to building a reliable service on top of ephemeral commodity hardware. At Netflix, we are pushing the limits of these technologies every day.
As a member of the Cloud Solutions team, you will manage the cloud environment, supporting the company’s operations in the cloud. You are an expert in distributed, highly concurrent, web-scale systems that are fault-tolerant and run 24x7 with unparalleled availability. You’ve managed operations teams providing 24x7 operational support and you thrive on managing and maintaining a reliable team that others depend on.
You possess these qualities:
You have these skills:
- You see the big picture in delivering a 24x7 service
- You are effective working with multiple teams and driving change initiatives
- You have high standards in everything you do
- You are assertive and can hold your own with others
You may even have these skills:
- Great communication skills, both verbal and written
- In-depth experience operating a 24x7 production environment
- Fluent in Linux: RedHat, CentOS, Fedora, Ubuntu
- Master of web systems architecture and distributed systems
- Strong development fundamentals
- Ability to quickly triage problems, determine root cause and drive resolution
- Ability to keep a cool head under pressure and effectively participate in system down crisis situations
If this sounds like you then we want to hear from you!
- Prior experience with Amazon EC2/S3 or other cloud service providers is a plus
- Systems deployment and service management automation tools and methodologies
Netflix - 2 years ago
Netflix, Inc. is an online movie rental subscription service in the United States, providing approximately 7.5 million subscribers access to...