Responsible for development of comprehensive marketing plan and execution thereof. Serves as a strategic thinker with strong writing and multimedia skills, joining our creative and collaborative communications team. This individual will be responsible for content development and the day-to-day support of both interactive and traditional media projects.
This is a Band B position in the Marketing & Sales Customer Communications team, reporting to Christine Bleske.
- Marketing Research and Planning: Assemble a comprehensive marketing plan which identifies potential market segments and business opportunities, as well as ShipCarsNow services or capabilities required to penetrate those segments and increase SCN's participation. Research, monitor and analyze competition; build strategies enhance competitive positioning and market differentiation.
- Branding: Build and support ShipCarsNow's brand identity on the web and in the market place.
- Media Planning and Buying: Be responsible for media planning and buying with or without the involvement of external ad agency. Manage and cultivate the relationship with agency partners.
- Financial Planning and Budget: Plan should support SCN's financial goals and provide meaningful marketing input to appropriate business units to support sales objectives. Involvement in the development of annual marketing budget and responsible for managing within plan. Build business case with strong analytical support to support future vision and key marketing initiatives.
- Content Writing: Develop exclusive integrated marketing content consistent with the ShipCarsNow brand. Write and edit content for online and print publications, including features, blogs, email campaigns and newsletters, video, social media and more.
- Social Media: Lead and execute ShipCarsNow company strategy and day-to-day immersion in the social networking realm. Have hands-on responsibility for successfully increasing the company's visibility, influence and interaction with market segments through diverse, social media outlets.
- Online Business Development: Promote customer usage of SCNs on-line services and develop new domestic and international market channels to integrate our brand into their web-sites and auto trading platforms.
- Project Management and Implementation: Assist the communications team with project implementation, development and analysis of success metrics, especially as it relates to marketing campaigns. Work cross-functionally within the organization to develop marketing programs that fulfill customer needs and meet or exceed profitability objectives.
- Conference and trade-shows: Develop conference and trade-show strategy and manage events to improve and maximize ROI.
Preferred Education, Training, Experience or Skills:
- SEO and SEM: Evaluate and manage internal and external SEO and SEM effectiveness for improved results.
- A Bachelor Degree Marketing or Journalism desired
- 5 year(s) experience / knowledge in corporate communications Strong multimedia background and journalism experience a plus
- 3 year(s) experience/ knowledge in additional software skills Advertising Technology, SEM, PPC, SEO, Online Marketing, Display Campaigns
- 5 year(s) experience / knowledge in additional system skills Marketing technology experience a plus, with specific experience in a history of demonstrated success with interactive marketing tactics
- 5 year(s) experience / knowledge in business Prefer candidates with some high-tech, B2B and B2C experience.
- 5 year(s) demonstrated experience / knowledge in developing and implementing strategies Ability to build a business case and provide metrics for key marketing initiatives and online integration proposals
- 3 year(s) experience / knowledge in marketing Previous experience managing the marketing operational function within an online business organization a plus, and desire candidates with a passion for both interactive and traditional marketing communications.
- Advanced communication skills Excellent written and digital communications skills; adept at audience engagement and tone setting
- Proficient Microsoft Suite skills
- Advanced project management skills PMI certification a plus; experience managing multiple projects at one time.
- Proficient software skills CRM software experience (e.g. Sugar, Salesforce.com, Oracle/Seibel); email marketing software background
Union Pacific - 2 years ago
Union Pacific Corporation (UPC) is engaged in the transportation business. The Company’s operating company, Union Pacific Railroad...