- Answers library users' reference questions in person, over the telephone and by e-mail, using materials in a variety of formats (i.e. books, periodicals, newspapers, microfilm, and indexes, public online catalog, on-line resources and the Internet).
- Provides bibliographic instruction to users.
- Maintains knowledge of circulation system in order to assist at the circulation desk.
- Interprets the Library's policies and procedures to the public in a customer-responsive manner.
- Develops and maintains Teen materials collections.
- Presents information about library services and programs to individuals and groups.
- Develops, plans and implements outreach programs to community groups.
- Responsible for Teen Programming.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong Customer service skills.
- Knows reference materials in a variety of formats.
- Analytical ability to understand and solve unusual or difficult reference questions by supplying information well suited to the user.
- Is self-motivated.
- Skilled in using computers, including the Internet and able to learn new search techniques as they develop.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including building and enhancing diverse relationships.
Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -