Serves as a primary contact for Physicians, Executives and COE¡¿s. Leads staff in daily assignments, schedules and training. Administers caregiver and provider benefit programs. Answers benefit questions and assists caregivers in resolving benefits-related problems by researching issues, facilitating communication or resolution with third-party plan administrators.
Assigns work; plans and manages priorities, provides technical assistance, oversees staff schedules, monitors quality of work, monitors team projects, mentors staff, provides constructive feedback, oversees staff training, ensures quality improvement, provides leadership feedback on staff performance, and assists with goal setting for the team.
2. Works with providers, third party administrators and caregivers to resolve issues, following guidelines or established procedures.
3. Coordinates and initiates actions required to activate benefits programs for caregivers and to ensure notification and proper enrollment; maintains related files and records.
4. Handles day-to-day administration of the medical, dental, life, disability, EAP, tuition reimbursement, COBRA and other ancillary benefit programs.
5. Ensures data integrity by regularly auditing all benefits-related information on internal systems and with vendors or third-party administrators.
6. Assists in the rollout and communication for new benefit plans or plan changes.
7. Assists in the annual open enrollment processes, including responding to caregiver questions, researching and resolving problems and auditing records.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor¡¿s degree in human resources; or equivalent knowledge obtained through a combination of education, training and experience.
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING: Four years of experience in a related benefits role, preferably in a position requiring complex problem resolution.
OTHER SKILLS: 'X Proficient in the use of MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel).
'X Experience using HR systems.
'X Advanced customer service skills.
PeaceHealth - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, WA., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and...