The Energy Manager coordinates a comprehensive program of sustainable energy management at Meredith College by monitoring the energy use of the campus and assessing and analyzing the energy performance of each campus facility through energy audits, reviewing the efficiency of utility systems and developing energy management action plans in cooperation with the Facility Services Department and the campus community. The Energy Manager also serves as a facilitator in the College's move toward sustainability, acting through a collaborative process involving students, faculty, staff, administrators, and alumnae and fostering a culture of sustainability. This position is Exempt and a Grade 7.
- Develop a campus-wide sustainable energy management and conservation program and facilitate its implementation to help ensure that it is followed.
- Monitor and analyze energy consumption and costs and develop forecasts and reports for budget management, energy consumption, and conservation, including performance against standards and benchmarks.
- Identify, implement and manage energy efficiency projects that will pay for themselves in energy savings.
- Develop and recommend facility equipment and operational strategies to maximize energy operating efficiency.
- Coordinate the implementation of energy retrofit projects and help assure their success and document energy savings performance and lessons learned.
- Perform energy calculations and incorporate results in the management of campus energy conservation programs and central plant operations.
- Assist in the development and management of the annual utilities operating budget for the College.
- Serves as a resource for faculty, staff, and/or student committees regarding energy management and sustainability initiatives and practices, e.g. recycling and waste reduction.
- Serve as a campus resource on energy management and sustainability issues and develop programs to educate students, faculty and staff about energy management practices and sustainability efforts and their benefits.
- Identify and seek outside funding opportunities, rebate programs or other savings programs for the development and implementation of energy management and sustainability projects and programs and coordinate information sharing and research needs among Meredith departments.
- Document and report to the campus community on all related College efforts and plans for long-term energy management.
- Bachelor's degree in an energy related discipline or equivalent training and career experience.
- A minimum of three years' experience in energy management or facility mechanical systems, preferably in higher education.
- Demonstrated experience in building mechanical and lighting systems and designing, planning and supervising minor construction projects.
- Strong analytical skills and knowledge of data collection and analyses and technical skills to learn and use energy accounting and management software.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a diverse group of individuals at all organizational levels, both inside and outside of the College.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize and implement multiple projects and deadlines.
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM) desirable.
- Valid NC Driver License and a clear driving history.
- This position reports regularly to the Associate Vice President for Business and Finance.
- Interfaces often with the Director of Facility services, academic and administrative department heads, and members of the faculty, staff and students.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands: - Works in moderate noise in campus facility operating setting.
- Will occasionally lift 10-50 lbs.
- Occasionally may have to drive on and off campus.
Meredith College - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard