Business Systems Analyst II
Our client has an exciting opportunity in our IT Department. They are seeking a Business Systems Analyst for the Oilseed Processing business. You will focus on the business systems analyst functions required to conduct project and support functions for the business. You must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, be detail oriented and have the ability to work in a team environment without direct supervision.
"HOW WILL I BE CHALLENGED?"
"HOW TO BE CONSIDERED?"
- Capture high level and detail level requirements, follow a common methodology to execute projects and enhancements, execute support and break functions
- Manage vender deliverables based on determined requirements for projects and the enhancement list after installation
- Manage the business pipeline determining priorities
- Gather and have a general understanding of the software development life cycle process
- Develop best practices for IT development for use in application development efforts
- Perform front-end analysis, design, testing, documentation, implementation, and support of application development projects
- Develop appropriate documentation as needed based on company IT Methodology
- Formulate and define systems scope and objectives through research and fact-finding, combined with an excellent understanding of business systems, industry requirements, and available IT solutions
- Proactively gather documents, analyze business needs and requirements, manage communication about the requirements throughout the lifecycle, plan and execute system testing, and facilitate user acceptance of the solution
- Devise or modify procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results
- Guide business customers through business case development for new applications/functionality, including cost / benefit analysis and risk / impact analysis
- Minimize application support work load by refining error management and moving initial triage to the Service Center
- Analyze business strategy and user needs, documents specifications, and translate business objectives into proper system requirement specifications
- Understand industry issues and trends and present technical solutions that enhance the value of our customers' products and services. Take ownership of support activities for assigned applications and assure secondary resources are defined and must be well trained and competent to support the application
- Manage and develop enhancements and take ownership of Quality Assurance and acceptance testing of completed projects. The potential of travel is minimal but possible. If travel is required it will be less than 25%
- BS or BA degree in Management Information Systems, Business Management
- Minimum of 5 years of business analyst experience mainly in manufacturing processes, Employee Resource Planning (ERP) with JD Edwards Enterprise One experience
- Minimum of 3 years analyzing scheduling solutions for front-end manufacturing systems
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with business requirements surrounding manufacturing systems and scheduling processes
- Minimum of 3 years' experience with Case tools, MS Visio, MS Project and MS SharePoint
- Preferred Qualifications
- Working knowledge of JDE E1 manufacturing and distribution desired
- Familiarity with COBOL/RPG programming designs would be helpful
- Experience in the Grain and Agronomy industry desired
Search Leaders - 10 months ago
Search Leaders is a leader in the recruiting and staffing industry. On a national basis, Search Leaders taps a passive resource pool that yo...