Associates get the royal treatment at Garmin. Regardless if you’re a newbie or a veteran, engineers dream it, design it and use it. Here, you will be surrounded by others who share the same passion about what they do every day. We offer a relaxed team environment where advancement is found from sharing knowledge, not hiding it! While we promise you a lot of responsibility, you also will have the opportunity to have ownership over projects…oh, and we promise you there will be some fun mixed in there, too!
We're seeking a Process Engineer at our headquarters in Olathe, KS. Garmin’s Process Engineers are responsible for directing and coordinating Garmin’
s processes in our Industrial Plant. Not only will this focus on our suppliers, but also analyzing and meeting the best packaging needs of our customers.
This includes tooling and production set up, designing processes, analyzing staffing requirements and communicating with planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to assure efficient production methods in a lean environment.
Other key functions for this role include:
• Estimate production times and determine optimum staffing for production schedules
• Apply statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and to analyze product or process performance
• Create and maintain design for manufacturability guidelines and train Engineering on the guidelines
• Review product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards and customer contract specifications
• Coordinate activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling and resolving engineering design and test problems
• Control expenditures within limitations of project budget
• Prepare interim and completion project reports
• Design products, processes, tools or systems utilizing and applying knowledge of engineering principles
• Apply expertise to continuously improve products, processes, and personnel
• Coordinate operation, maintenance and repair activities to obtain optimum utilization of machines and systems
• Prepare recommendations for reorganization of units and job duties to increase efficiency and eliminate excess processing steps and labor costs
• Evaluate operational systems and recommend design modifications to eliminate causes of malfunctions or changes in system requirements when necessary
• Prepare reports based on findings and present reports to peers and managerial personnel
• Support continuous improvement of the Garmin quality system
• Implement capital equipment for manufacturing assembly and test.
• Develop manufacturing work instructions in accordance with quality and industry standards.
• Implement engineering design changes into all related processes.
Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering (previous manufacturing exposure/interest) and excellent academics (cumulative GPA greater than or equal to 3.0 as a general rule) along with two years packaging experience. Candidates must be team oriented, possess a positive attitude and work well with others and demonstrate strong and effective verbal, written, and respectful interpersonal communication skills.
Candidates with a cumulative GPA greater than 3.5 and/or previous relevant manufacturing experience are preferred.
At Garmin, we like to laugh, have fun and work hard. It comes easily when you work on cool products with hard-working individuals who share the same passion. We offer numerous opportunities to get involved – kickball anyone? – and believe strongly in a work-life balance so your creativity can flow.
Garmin offers one of the most comprehensive compensation and benefit plans around. We offer extensive health care coverage with little to no contributions, depending on the plan. Plus, we offer company-paid dental insurance, stock options, a 401k plan, a pension plan….trust us, it doesn’t get much better than this. Unless of course, you want to talk table tennis, fitness spaces, product discounts….come on, what are you waiting for? Apply today.
Garmin - 24 months ago
"Dreaming big and obsessing about the details.” It’s a dynamic philosophy that has taken Garmin from a start-up GPS...