Founded in 1899 on the belief that "People Build Businesses," Sonoco is a $4.1 billion global manufacturer of consumer and industrial packaging products and provider of packaging services. With more than 300 operations worldwide and an employee-focused value system and culture, we believe in building from within, encourage employees to take ownership of their careers and give them the tools and opportunities to help them reach their full potential. We offer world-class benefits, value people and teamwork, celebrate challenges, reward success, are committed to employee satisfaction and work/life balance, and are recognized worldwide for our commitment to growing future leaders.
The position is responsible for the safety, quality, productivity, cost performance, training, and continuous improvement of the Production Operation. The job requires monitoring production performance and implementing processes, procedures, and methods to improve results in all key measurements. The job is responsible for implementing and maintaining best manufacturing practices, and regulatory compliance for all production activities. Also shares responsibility for preventive maintenance, equipment repair, and maintenance performance.
- Ensure the safety of all employees through the implementation of a comprehensive safety program.
- Observe all safety rules/regulations and perform duties in a safe and efficient manner.
- Perform safety audits and/or observations.
- Ensure a clean, organized, efficient operation that is capable of producing product according to both quality and productivity standards.
- Establish SOP and JSA standards related to the production lines and ensure they are understood and followed.
- Develop subordinates through education, training, and teamwork.
- Lead the operation in continuous improvement initiatives, such as 5S, SPS activities, lean manufacturing, and others.
- Coordinate safe, efficient, and orderly mold changeovers.
- Build and maintain productive employee relationships.
- The supervision of production personnel including the review of their performance using designated form(s).
- Other duties and tasks as assigned.
- Must possess a high level of attention to detail and maintain accuracy in a fast paced environment.
- Must have above average communication skills (written & verbal).
- Must demonstrate a high level of initiative, effectiveness, and creativity in dealing with out of the ordinary situations; requiring little or no assistance.
- Must be able to maintain composure.
- Must be a team player.
- Must be willing to work various shifts, hours, and overtime as required.
- Ability to speak and understand English.
- Must possess average computer skills.
- Four year degree preferred
- Must have a minimum of 3 years Production Supervisory experience preferably in Plastic Blow or Injection molding.
- Must have some experience in lean manufacturing or 6 sigma.
- Must have general knowledge of and ability to troubleshoot equipment.
- Must have good mechanical aptitude.
- Must have experience with Preventive Maintenance Programs.