Gyrus ACMI, Inc is a dynamic medical device company whose vision is to anticipate the needs of surgeons through powerful see and treat procedure solutions that are safe, simple, cost efficient and produce the highest quality patient outcomes. Gyrus ACMI is focused on Minimally Invasive procedures in Urology, Gynecology, General Surgery and ENT. Gyrus ACMI, believes its people are its greatest asset. We offer an environment that challenges everyone to grow, contribute, excel and share successes. Gyrus ACMI is committed to creating a world class company with world class people.
Southborough, MA - The R&D Technician will participate in the building of prototype and testing of endoscopic equipment. EOE M/F/D/V
Requirements and Responsibilities:
* Mechanical assembly of R&D prototypes to specification.
* Assembly and system level testing and reports generation.
* Read and take direction from detailed design drawings.
* Build new fixtures and/or tooling.
* Take precise measurements of all components parts.
* Rework/modify products to achieve proper function, utilizing hand and machine tools.
* Assist in the transfer of development products to production.
* Perform all other essential duties as directed
(ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED)
* An Associate's Degree in Engineering is required.
* A minimum of 8 years of experience in a job demonstrating complex mechanical testing and assembly is required.
* Good manual dexterity and the ability to operate mechanical measurement/test equipment and prototype tool/fixturing is essential.
* The ability to read and properly interpret engineering drawings and take technical instruction from co-workers, supervisors and other professional personnel is key.
* A working knowledge of plastic processing techniques is vital.
* The following physical demands are required:
-Vision requirements correctable to 20/20 vision
-Lift/Carry 25 lbs
-Bend/Stoop/Kneel 2 hrs a day
-Stand/Sit/Walk 8 hrs a day
* The following work environment conditions exist:
-Infectious Disease exposure
Olympus - 21 months ago
Gyrus ACMI allows surgeons to see better and do less tissue damage to their patients. A subsidiary of Olympus, the company makes medical...