The Protocols team is delivering cutting edge solutions enabling thin client desktop and mobile devices of the future. This team draws together expertise and execution across Dell's complete hardware, software, and services portfolio to deliver compelling customer focused solutions. As a Software Development Engineer will help with keeping protocol stack up-to-date, develop new features, and port the code to multiple platforms.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
The Software Development Principal Engineer, Lead is responsible for technically leading a development team and design of RDP protocol software for various OS. This position offers an opportunity develop cross-platform code that runs on Linux, Windows, iOS, and Android.
The candidate must be very comfortable of working with developers, leading designs and verifying deliverables. As a Lead you will be the face of the team in communications with Marketing, QA and customers.
Complete responsibilities for the Protocol Developer, Lead include:
- Technically lead Protocols team
- Create and understand software specifications
- Work with Product Management assessing required effort to develop projects
- Perform code reviews
- Be an owner of the source code and development
- Communicate with internal and external customers and assess requirements
- Provide accurate estimates when tasks will be completed
- Work with Protocols team customers on issues resolutions and educating customers
- Clear understanding of software development lifecycles and methodologies
- Work with QA and other teams to deliver code on time
- 5+ years of experience developing complex software using C language
- Previous experience leading development teams
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Computer Science or related degree with 5 years of applicable professional work
- Strong C knowledge and development experience on Linux/Ubuntu (5+ years)
- Preferred knowledge of X11 based development
- Experience with developing application for at least one non-Unix based OS
- Experience in Network Programming (UDP, TCP)
- Understanding of network security protocols (HTTPS, SSL)
- Ability to understand complex specifications and implement code based on these specifications.
- Strong debugging and troubleshooting experience
- Knowledge of performance improvement tricks
- Good written and verbal communication skills
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Life At Dell
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Dell - 7 months ago
Since 1985, Dell has played a critical role in enabling more affordable and accessible technology around the world. As an end-to-end...