Ensures effective and optimal management of a franchise or brand(s) having sufficient scope and complexity.
Oversee the development and implementation of marketing, selling, managed markets and lifecycle management strategies and initiatives.
Manages and provides leadership and direction for a brand or franchise's multiple disciplines through managers.
Shapes and integrates functional strategies.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our employees.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure effective and optimal management of the Franchise/Brand P&L in order to meet/exceed corporate expectations.
Ensure that department goals are aligned with PM Management's priorities, while meeting/exceeding corporate expectations.
Provide overall strategic direction to extended brand team, guiding the development of core brand objectives, strategies and tactical plans to ensure attainment of annual goals.
Deploy department resources to ensure that financial and operational objectives are met, while ensuring that corporate standards of excellence, company policies, compliance and ethical business practices are upheld by members of the Department. Develop annual objectives and budgets.
- Ensure effective/collaborative partnership with Corporate Marketing on strategic initiatives, including positioning, brand personality and message platform, Phase IV and LCM to achieve alignment and maximize global promotional effectiveness.
- Oversee and direct the creation and implementation of the managed markets strategy in conjunction with Managed Markets. Ensure cross-functional collaboration, integration and alignment with Marketing, Sales, Managed Markets, Production, Regulatory, Legal and Medical Affairs in the development and implementation of strategies.
- Lead regular cross-functional Product Team reviews to provide direction, facilitate strategical/alignment and accountability for results.
- Oversee and direct the development/evaluation of US Phase IV and Life cycle management strategies to optimize the value of the franchise/brand. Ensure plans are vetted with key customers to ensure relevance and impact.
- Oversee and monitor DP and sample allocations and expenditures.
- Oversee and direct annual business planning development.
- Manage relationship with co-marketing partner (where applicable).
- Create a performance-based team culture with clear accountability and a sense of urgency for achieving results.
Lead (recruit, hire, coach, develop, motivate, manage and monitor performance) managers and/or professionals in department specific knowledge, process and procedures.
Set job expectations, provide regular feedback, conduct timely Max Plan reviews, identify performance challenges, create action plans and monitor the effectiveness of those action plans.
Complete Career Planning and competency assessment to ensure professional development of department members.
- Performs all Company business in accordance with all regulations (e.g. EEO, FDA, OSHA, PDMA, EPA, PhRMA, etc.) and Company policies and procedures.
When violations are noted/observed they are to be immediately reported to management.
Demonstrates high ethical and professional standards with all business contacts in order to main BIPI’s excellent reputation within the medical and pharmaceutical community.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related work experience
required; MBA preferred
- Proven strategic and analytical skills with a minimum of 10-12 years pharmaceutical sales and marketing experience or equivalent experience.
years of successful management/leadership level Rx brand marketing experience including
in-depth knowledge of the US marketplace.
- Previous supervisory experience required.
- A sound understanding of the Managed Markets (Payers, Channels, Discounts) environment in the US.
Comprehensive and in-depth functional and business expertise
- Demonstrated understanding of the importance of and the ability to lead/work in cross functional team settings (clinical, sales, managed markets, regulatory, legal, production, R&D, project management).
- Demonstrated ability to create financial and operational objectives across business departments.
- History of successful performance.
- Demonstrates acceptable level of performance for all ED, Marketing competencies as defined in the On Track To Success Competency Model.
- Proficiency in MSOffice, Outlook and database applications.
- Ability to travel (may include overnight travel).
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation, including verification of your past employment, criminal history, and educational background
- Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
- Must be 18 years of age or older
Boehringer Ingelheim is a different kind of pharmaceutical company, a privately held company with the ability to have an innovative and long term view.
Our focus is on scientific discoveries that improve patients' lives and we equate success as a pharmaceutical company with the steady introduction of truly innovative medicines.
Boehringer Ingelheim is the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world's 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
At Boehringer Ingelheim, we are committed to delivering value through innovation.
Employees are challenged to take initiative and achieve outstanding results. Ultimately, our culture and drive allows us to maintain one of the highest levels of excellence in our industry.
Boehringer Ingelheim, including Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim USA, Boehringer Ingelheim Roxane Inc., Roxane Laboratories Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim Chemicals, Boehringer Ingelheim Vetmedica Inc. and Ben Venue Laboratories Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
Boehringer Ingelheim is firmly committed to ensuring a safe, healthy, productive and efficient work environment for our employees, partners and customers.
As part of that commitment, Boehringer Ingelheim conducts pre-employment background investigations and drug screenings.
BI Pharma/BI USA
Boehringer Ingelheim - 19 months ago
As the US headquarters of German drug maker Boehringer Ingelheim, Boehringer Ingelheim Corporation oversees about half a dozen stateside...