Managing the development and content generation of the msnbc.com home page.
• Working with writers and producers to obtain new content according to the established site schedule and editorial policy.
• Ensuring quality of content.
• Responsible for identifying compelling stories for the website within tight deadlines.
• Responsible for the efficacy of the material that is pitched to the home page.
• Responsible for making mature news judgment.
• Writing creative headlines to stories selected for the home page.
• Bachelor's degree.
• 3 years working in a new media or online community (social media)
• Strong knowledge of politics, Passion for Politics and pop culture
• Familiarity with television and digital Production procedures, Legal contracts, standards and practices, Integration and Production agreements.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work under tight deadlines
• Ability to work well both independently (must be a self-starter) and collaboratively as part of an integrated team.
• Must be willing to work after hours and weekends
• Strong follow-through and attention to detail.