Altarum Institute is seeking an Associate within our Community Health Systems group in Washington, DC to provide technical assistance to HIV/AIDS and Viral Hepatitis Communications projects. The Associate will report to Altarum's Director, Center for HIV and Sexual Health; and will manage projects and budgets, ensuring the timely delivery of project deliverables and meeting project-related deadlines, and write project-related reports and business development proposals. This is a reduced schedule position, and should entail approximately 20 hours per week.
Altarum Institute is a nonprofit systems research and consulting organization that has been servicing government and private sector clients since 1946. Combining the analytical rigor of a research institution with the business agility of a consulting firm, the Institute is uniquely positioned to deliver practical, systems-based health and healthcare solutions to its clients. Altarum’s nonprofit status ensures that the public interest is always preeminent in our work. Our dedication to social responsibility is evident in all that we do, serving the public good with integrity and enabling others to do the same.
Altarum Institute's Center for HIV and Sexual Health works to create, guide, and enhance prevention, treatment, and care solutions for national, regional, and local systems that impact communities affected by HIV/AIDS. Recognizing the ongoing need for public health programs and leadership that address prevention, testing, primary medical care, and treatment, Altarum has worked with many federal agencies and national organizations to strategically plan, develop, implement, and evaluate programs that serve people at risk for and living with HIV/AIDS. Our work is based on a systems approach whereby effective programs deliver prevention, care, treatment, and hope; public and private agencies make the best use of scarce resources to reach those most in need; and address cultural, social, and economic barriers.
• Manage projects and budgets and/or project-related activities.
• Plan, coordinate, facilitate, and conduct local, State and national meetings; also identify speakers/presenters and develop meeting agendas.
• Supervise and coordinate work assignments of project team members to ensure deliverables are produced and delivered in a timely manner.
• Develop and write client reports, meeting summaries and project status reports.
• Coordinate the editing process, including proofreading, final review and productions of multiple deliverables.
• Engage in public speaking and make presentations.
• Play an active role in business development and write proposals.
• Foster and maintain positive business relationships with Federal, State and local governments and private and public agencies.
• Participate in project or Practice Area meetings to review workloads and project deadlines.
• Master’s degree plus six to eight years relevant experience. Education and experience in public health, public policy or related field is preferred.
• Strong knowledge of HIV/AIDS subject area and knowledge of local, State and Federal systems.
• Demonstrated experience in specialized marketing and private sector expertise to assist in strategic planning and the conceptual design of HIV partnership strategies; including the coordination of partnership activities; development and revision of materials for articles, op-eds, brochures, and presentations; and dissemination of partnership materials.
• Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong organizational, analytical, and project management skills.
• Strong group process and facilitation skills.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks, work under pressure and meet critical deadlines. Ability to consistently exercise sound business judgment.
Altarum's dynamic work environment emphasizes integrity, personal commitment, and teamwork. In addition to the meaningful and challenging work, Altarum offers an outstanding benefits program that includes paid time off, tuition reimbursement, 401k (5% employer contribution), a flexible work environment, and much more. We invite you to explore exciting and rewarding career opportunities with us.
Altarum is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.
Altarum Institute - 8 months ago
Altarum Institute is a nonprofit health systems research and consulting organization. Altarum integrates independent research and...