Vertica Technical Consultant (ANYWHERE IN US near major airport)
Vertica, an HP Company, is the leading provider of next-generation analytics platforms enabling companies to monetize their data at the speed and scale necessary to deliver significant value to customers and shareholders. Vertica's scalability and flexibility are unmatched in the industry delivering 50x-1,000x faster performance at 30 percent the cost of traditional relational database management systems.
We're looking for creative Services Engineers to help our customers succeed. Our services team is integral in coming up with ways to help our customers deploy, manage and maintain the Vertica Analytic Database.
An ideal candidate is well versed in SQL, familiar with mainstream RDBMSs such as Oracle, DB2 and MySQL and has some programming or scripting experience in C++, Python, Perl and Shell. Knowledge of Linux (RedHat, SuSE, Debian) and VMware is a big plus. Your job will include technical account management, implementation support, sales support and working on proof of concepts while interacting with sales, engineering and other teams in the organization. You must be comfortable in a startup environment, interfacing directly with customers in the field, on the phone and via IM and e-mail.
Duties and Responsibilities
Work with Vertica customers performing scalability, high availability, migration and consolidation services on Vertica DBMS as an implementation engineer.
Design and implement database administration solutions including performance monitoring and tuning, data management and capacity planning, implementing DR/failover, resource management, security, backup and recovery, etc.
Design and implement scripts for ETL process, instance monitoring and maintenance, etc.
Design, write and deliver onsite training materials and presentations.
Background and Skills
- Successful experience interfacing with enterprise customers.
- At least 5 years of enterprise database administration and SQL development experience.
- Strong experience with performance optimization and tuning with database applications on a RDBMS system is a MUST.
- Strong SQL, programming and/or scripting skill is a MUST.
- Experience with ETL, reporting and monitoring tools is a plus.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science is required; a Master's degree is preferred.
- Be a mature and confident team player motivated by a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to work well with aggressive deadlines and minimal supervision.
- Must be able to communicate technical scenarios at both a high-level and detail level, as is required by the audience.
- Ability and willingness to travel 50%.
United States-Colorado-Denver, United States-Illinois-Chicago, United States-Texas-Dallas, United States-Texas-Houston
Yes, 50 % of the Time
HP - 19 months ago
Hewlett-Packard Company, or HP, is an American multinational information technology corporation headquartered in Palo Alto, California, USA...