The Senior Application Developer will provide leadership in all aspects of application development including, but not limited to, design, coding, unit testing and support. This position requires strong development skills with the ability to deliver development projects on time and within budget. Typically works on multiple highly complex IT projects as a project leader. Working with the Enterprise Systems group in IT, the Sr. Application Developer focuses on the design, development and technical implementation of software applications for internal and external use with an emphasis on code reusability and system interoperability. A key focus is on the interaction of systems at the data level to ensure that efficient storage, structure and consistent usage of data across information systems.
You must have the ability to understand and help define business requirements by turning them into solutions that compliment several complex enterprise applications.
The position also requires strong communication skills, a deep commitment to end-user satisfaction and ability to create and drive process improvement where it is needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
· Understands and consistently applies the attributes and processes of current application development methodologies and how to leverage them to drive continual process improvement.
· Provides design recommendations based on long-term IT organization strategy of next generation Business Systems.
· Works with existing as well as creates new programming and development standards and procedures as well as programming architectures.
· Assist in the development/data design of all new applications (and reviewing older ones for adherence to standards)
· Demonstrated analytical and diagnostic skills.
· Provide leadership on projects while leading the design and technical specification phase of internal and external applications based on business requirements.
· Work with Business Analysts, SMEs and other project team members to deliver first in class applications with a strong focus on quality.
· Mentor and ability to enable other team members.
· Develops enterprise level application and custom integration solutions including major enhancements and interfaces, functions and features.
· Provide tier-3 support for troubleshooting and diagnosing problems in production systems.
· Researches and maintains knowledge in emerging technologies and possible application to the business.
· Participate and lead teams in code review sessions
· Ability to create, document and execute unit tests prior to releasing code.
QUALIFICATIONS/COMPETENCIES listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Experience with ERP’s, CMS and CRM systems
- Experience with ASP.Net, specifically C#, n-tier development, XML based web services
- Proven competence in object oriented design and development using the .Net 3.5 and 4.0 framework
- Working experience with Microsoft IIS (6.0 and 7.0
- Strong knowledge of Web services (ASMX and WCF)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) Working knowledge of SQL 2005 and 2008 a must. Knowledge of SQL 2012 a plus
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies through training, self-advancement, and collaboration with peer
- SharePoint development is a plus
- Cold Fusion development experience is a plus
- Working knowledge of virtualization technologies
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCES:
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent work experience
· 7+ years of enterprise class development experience
· Experience supporting a legacy system while converting to a new enterprise class solution, ERP and CRM
· Requires advanced knowledge and understanding of architecture, application systems design and integration.
· Debugging skills: debug complex technical issues involving communication across multiple systems
In addition to challenging career opportunities, LoJack offers highly competitive compensation and benefit packages including Health and Dental PPO coverage through BCBS, 401k with generous Company Match, 100% Company Funded Basic Life Insurance, AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability, Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, College Funding Plan, Discounted Home and Auto Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Company Paid Time Off, Tuition Reimbursement, Adoption Assistance, Matching Gifts Program, Referral Incentives and Discounts on Company Products.
We are committed to creating a work environment that results in success. We have created a culture that fosters professional development and personal growth, a balanced life and satisfaction through accomplishing measurable goals while securing superior customer satisfaction.
LoJack - 2 years ago
LoJack's signature product helps police recover stolen vehicles -- a chilling thought for those driving hot cars. When a car equipped...