Quality Assurance Engineer
Reports to: VP of Quality and Configuration Management
Location: Lawrenceville, Georgia
Brightree LLC is the leading provider of business management software solutions for Home Medical Equipment (HME) providers, Durable Medical Equipment (DME) providers, Orthotics & Prosthetics (O&P) practitioners, and Sleep Labs. Brightree’s unique Internet-based solutions follow the natural workflow of providers to automate and improve how they manage their business. Brightree is the only business management software solution endorsed by Invacare Corporation (NYSE: IVC) as well as the VGM member service organization. Brightree has been the growth leader in our industry for six years straight, and currently serves more than 2,500 providers in the USA.
Brightree, of the top 5 fastest growing companies in Georgia, and the fastest growing Internet-based business management solution in the Home Medical Equipment market, is seeking an experienced self-motivated Quality Assurance Engineer. The primary responsibility of this role is to support Agile/Scrum software development through planning, designing, developing and executing various software quality processes within the Scrum methodology. Key accountabilities include implementation of best practice techniques for test-driven development, value-based exploratory testing, systematically testing data quality aspects of applications across platforms, functional and regression testing. This role requires technical skills, including the ability to create, document and execute test strategies and test plans.
• Design and execute test plans, scenarios and scripts.
• Document software defects, using defect tracking system, and report defects to software developers
• Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope or delivery dates
• Use of Scrum methodology and participation in all phases of the iterative process.
• Monitor defect resolution efforts and track successes
• Identify, analyze and document problems with program function, output, online screen or content
• Define test parameters, design tests, interpret test results and analyze test trends.
• Serve as the “quality advocate” for your functional component area.
• 5+ years of Quality Assurance experience, preferably in a SaaS environment.
• Must have excellent attention to detail and the understanding of how to find flaws in complex software.
• Must have strong technical skills, such as an ability to understand basic SQL syntax for checking results in a database or editing XML configuration files.
• Experience successfully applying agile/scrum methodology to develop and execute software test plans including continuous integration and test driven development.
• Experience with web services / API testing, including the use of tools such as SOAPUI and Junit.
• Experience with HP Quality Center
• Experience testing GUI and functional user workflow – not just a button pusher.
• Strong analytical capabilities, data analysis techniques, common database query skills, and marketing campaign management skills.
• Strong commitment to quality and ability to work closely and communicate effectively with developers and product managers
• BS in Computer Science or related discipline
• Experience in the HME / DME software market
Brightree, LLC provides equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis protected by state or federal law.
Brightree - 17 months ago