GENERAL SUMMARY: Under general supervision of the Child Development Admissions & Client Services Director, manage the Admissions & Administrative function to support the Child Development program. This includes overseeing the new family intake function and the administrative support functions. Position is responsible for developing a centralized parent communication plan, developing intake priorities, analyzing waiting list and developing a strategy for attracting new clients. Position is also responsible for interviewing, assessing and determining eligibility for CCAPS program, CPS funding and Food program. Provide supervision for full-time Administrative Coordinator, and one full-time Admissions Specialist. In addition, position is responsible for conducting outreach campaigns in order to increase exposure of Center’s Child Development program in the City of Chicago.
1. Provide supervision to Administrative Coordinator and an Admissions Specialists. Direct, evaluate and provide timely feedback to staff. Develop goals and manage workflow of staff. Ensure that staff is cross-trained in all Administrative Services functions to effectively and efficiently manage workload.
2. Develop and foster superior customer service practices within the team. Position responsible for providing exceptional customer service to current, prospective clients and third parties.
3. Oversee the Child Development intake function. Track intake progress and develop priorities for intake and eligibility. Maintain Child Development enrollment at 96% of capacity. Implement consistent practices for eligibility interviews, and eligibility determination. Ability to determine eligibility for CCAPS, food program and CPS funding.
4. Create and maintain a logistical infrastructure to meet recruitment goals during high and low recruitment season. Responsible for developing marketing plan to meet enrollment goals. Serve as an ambassador with local agencies such as Public aid offices, community schools to recruit new clients.
5. Develop a strong team that is cross-trained on Administrative functions.
6. Develop effective communication and enrollment mechanisms to reduce turnover between discontinuances and new starts. Provide tours of the center, when needed. Monitor the waiting list and analyze demographics of prospective clients on the waiting list. Develop plan to attract clients to the center. Facilitate new family orientations.
7. Oversee Administrative support functions for the Child Development program, including monitoring absenteeism. Monitor the operational Child Development procedures and provide recommendations to improve them, when necessary.
8. Develop a centralized parent communication plan and calendar. Oversee the event calendar, parent newsletters, website updates, and the parent bulletin board.
9. Direct staff in providing Administrative support to Child Development Director and Supervisors for special projects, when needed.
10. Perform other duties as assigned by Child Development Admissions & Client Services Director, including assistance with annual holiday programs.
11. Flexibility to provide coverage at both Centers when needed.
12. Acts with integrity and aspires to model the DCMC Core Values in the delivery of all services.
Mandatory Job Qualifications
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor Degree required. 2-4 years of professional experience, including supervisory responsibilities preferred. Experience in social services a plus. Proficient using computer programs, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Microsoft Access, Microsoft Outlook and Adobe Acrobat. Ability to coordinate details, organize procedures, and prioritize assignments. Must possess communication and interpersonal skills to interact professionally with a diverse client population and respect confidentiality requirements. Must be comfortable to reach out to prospective clients on the west side of Chicago. Bilingual (Spanish-English) preferred.
NPO.net - 22 months ago