The Customer Service Manager holds a crucial leadership role within the organization. The candidate will drive the successful delivery of exceptional support to our customers while maintaining a positive corporate culture and reinforcing the company°s vision. The candidate will interact with support staff, existing and potential customers, executive level management, and all other Linode departments. |
The ideal candidate will have a technical background alongside a proven track record of effectively managing customer-facing support teams and will establish and reinforce operational processes and procedures to ensure exceptional service. The Customer Service Manager must demonstrate the ability to lead, mentor, and communicate effectively. Organizational skills, attention to detail, analytic skills, and customer service orientation are critical for success. As a manager, this position has primary responsibility for evaluating, developing, and directing the daily activities of the customer service staff.
- Ensure the delivery of exceptional service to all customers.
- Manage customer service staff -- including interviewing, hiring, training, reviewing, mentoring, motivating, and disciplining.
- Become an expert in and maintain training on all Linode products and systems.
- Design and implement customer satisfaction and loyalty initiatives.
- Continuously evaluate and identify methods to improve quality of customer service.
- Facilitate interaction between customer service and other departments.
- Schedule staff to sufficiently handle volume -- including night, weekend, and holiday shifts.
- Design and implement training programs for customer service staff.
- Promote a professional, service-oriented company image.
- Resolve escalated customer problems.
- Influence policy making and interact with executive level management.
- Desire to build the Linode brand through every customer interaction.
- Bachelor°s degree (business or computer science preferred)
- Expert knowledge in developing customer service department procedures.
- Exceptional management skills with ability to assign and monitor work.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional time management, communications, decision-making, presentation, human relations, and organization skills.
- Ability to coach and motivate less experienced team members to achieve their goals.
- Ability to find a resolution to a customer°s concerns.
- Ability to identify opportunities for service improvements.
- Minimum of five years in customer service environment and two years in customer service management.
Linode - 21 months ago
Linode is a leading cloud hosting provider with 150,000 customers worldwide, and has been offering companies of all sizes virtualized...