Verify Backup Exec product offerings, with leading and emerging storage products from worldwide storage partners.
Responsible for OS installations and revision/patch updates
Configure various servers along with various hardware peripheral devices such as Fibre Channel host bus adapters, Serial Attached SCSI (SAS), and network interface cards including driver and firmware updates.
Storage Area Network design, installation and configuration on disk and RAID storage subsystems, virtual tape libraries, and physical tape libraries.
Storage partner management – regular verbal and written interaction with assigned partners in an effort to give and receive planned roadmap information to allow the Symantec products to stay current with emerging storage technologies.
Installation and configuration of Symantec-branded hardware/software appliances. Represent Symantec in regular interactions with the appliance vendor(s), possibly onsite to validate hardware deliverables.
Work with other Certification Engineers to help define requirements for specific systems certification and integration tests.
Assist with test strategies and certification test plans.
Write reports and online documentation.
Interact with strategic partners, product teams and developers.
Assist with escalations and resolution of technical problems during certification testing. Interact with Technical Support when the problem encountered has implications to an assigned storage partner.
- BSCE, BSEE, or BSCS Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Should possess sound troubleshooting techniques.
- Testing or system administration experience with WINDOWS 2003Rx/2008Rx/2012 server, Win7/8 or Linux (SLES, RHEL, Debian, others)
- Experience in client/server and networking (LAN), software/hardware test environment
- Knowledge of test processes and methodologies in Fibre Channel/SAN technology desired.
- Knowledge of test processes and methodologies in SAS/SAN technology desired.
- Database setup, test and administration experience with EXCHANGE, Notes, Oracle, SQLServer desired.
Symantec's future seems to be secure. The company provides security, storage, and systems management software for businesses and...