The position will assist with the preparation and review of SEC filings (10-Q, 10-K, 8-K and others as appropriate). The position will also assist in maintaining accounting policies and procedures and determining the accounting treatment for specific accounting issues. Specifically, the job responsibilities include:
- Assist in the preparation of information included in the financial statements, footnotes, MD&A and related information and schedules which are included in SEC filings.
- Review disclosures of various public companies for reporting practices and improvements to Company disclosures.
- Assist in the assessment and review of financial controls.
- Assist in the identification and resolution of technical accounting issues related to the Company.
- Assist in the monitoring and assessment of newly released financial accounting regulations and pronouncements.
- Participate in special projects required by senior management.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly analytics provided to senior management.
- Interface with Company management, outside public accountants, corporate accounting, internal audit, treasury and legal departments on an as needed basis.
- BS degree in Accounting
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Good communication and analytical skills
- Strong work ethic
- Eagerness to learn
- Very well organized, detail oriented - will need to track own progress on a number of monthly tasks
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Self motivated individual
One Geoffrey Way
Toys R Us - 9 months ago
Toys“R”Us, Inc. is the world’s leading dedicated toy and juvenile products retailer, offering a differentiated shopping...