Shop Technician - Coeur d'Alene, ID
H&E Equipment Services is currently seeking a highly motivated individual to fill the position of Shop Technician at our Coeur d’Alene, ID branch.
The ideal candidate must be able to diagnose, operate, service, maintain, and repair various engines, heavy equipment, and machinery. This is including but not limited to hydraulic mobile bobcats, cranes, man-lifts, lift-trucks, and earth moving equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Utilizes tools, machines, and equipment such as the service truck, air and hand tools, sockets, impact and metric tools, wenches, cutting torches, hammers, cranes, service manuals, laptops, drills, ratchets, voltage meters, test lights, jumping wires, etc. to perform work.
· Conducts inspections, repairs and evaluations on heavy equipment and machinery.
· Demonstrate to customers how to maintain, and use machinery properly.
· Disassemble machines and repair or replace broken parts.
· Adjust functional parts of mechanical devices as necessary.
· Clean and lubricate equipment parts.
· Maintain records such as service reports, work order reports, time cards, truck maintenance, and field inspections.
· Occasionally additional projects will be assigned including but not limited to custom installation of auxiliary piping kits; work on A/C systems; trouble shooting fuel systems in motors etc.
· Perform annual inspections
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience with heavy equipment repairs.
· Must have the ability to read schematics (both electrical and hydraulic)
· Must be knowledgeable in trouble shooting electric over hydraulic systems on excavators, wheel loaders, booms, scissors, backhoe’s , cranes, etc.
· Must demonstrate competency in the diagnosis, repair, and service of the equipment lines.
· Must possess excellent customer service and organizational skills.
· Must be able to multi-task, and work with minimal supervision.
· Must have own tools
· Must possess a strong work ethic.
· Must have clean background.
· Must demonstrate safe work habits.
· Must be personable with the ability to communicate well with co-workers as well as customers.
· A High School diploma or its equivalent is required.
· Familiarity with PAT, EKS, SCOS, and Mega Trak systems is a plus.
· Mechanical or Vocational training is preferred.
If you are self-motivated and looking for a solid, growth-oriented company that values its employees, H&E Equipment is the place for you. We offer an excellent benefits package, competitive salary, and training opportunities.
H&E Equipment Services, Inc. is an integrated equipment services company in the United States focused on heavy construction and...