Provides professional nursing direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and unit standards. Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the care delivery team.
1. Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
2. Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
3. Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
4. Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
5. Participates in the development of and maintains established hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection prevention program.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
' Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required.
' BSN preferred.
' Specialty certification preferred.
' One year of experience as a registered nurse preferred. Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient's needs.
' Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state in which nurse will be practicing.
' Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
' ACLS certification may be required.
' Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment
' Able to support and interpret medical center philosophy, policy and procedures
' Basic computer skills
To learn more about PeaceHealth, please visit us on Facebook or LinkedIn !
PeaceHealth - 14 months ago
PeaceHealth provides patients with a tranquil place to recover. Make that several tranquil places to recover. PeaceHealth serves residents...