Express is a specialty apparel and accessories retailer of women's and men's merchandise, targeting the 20 to 30 year old customer. The Company has over 30 years of experience offering a distinct combination of fashion and quality for multiple lifestyle occasions at an attractive value addressing fashion needs across work, casual, jeanswear, and going-out occasions. The Company currently operates over 600 retail stores, located primarily in high-traffic shopping malls, lifestyle centers, and street locations across the United States, Puerto Rico, and Canada, and also distributes its products through the Company's e-commerce website, www.express.com .
Description: The Line cook position is responsible for planning, producing, purchasing, servicing, and cleaning in line with their assigned station. This function has constant customer contact and is also fast paced.
The Line Cook is responsible for performing clean up and shut down procedures. Production and preparation of the assigned station:
• Grill Cook will be responsible for setting up the grill for breakfast and lunch menu items
• Stir Fry Cook is responsible for hot breakfast bar as well as preparing “Asian Station” for service
• Main Event Cook is responsible for fresh soups and hot/cold foods for the steam table(s) •
Salad Bar Cook is responsible for ALL salad bar items and accoutrements
• Retail Cook is responsible for all freshly prepared refrigerated and non-refrigerated retail menu items (sandwiches, wraps, salads, snack-cups, cookies, brownies, etc)
• Deli Cook is responsible for preparing cold breakfast bar as well as preparing all deli menu items for service For all; react to catering production requests as assigned by Assistant Manager
Education: Associates degree or greater in the culinary arts, or equivalent
- Prepare catering as assigned by Assistant Manager.
- Taking/preparing orders and providing outstanding customer service.
- Performing clean up and shut down procedures as required.
- Menu planning and purchasing/receiving supplies.
- Understanding, following, and maintaining safe food handling and preparation procedures.
Experience: 2+ years of hands-on culinary experience
- ServeSafe Certified; understanding and practicing food safety and safe food handling at all times
- Ability to interact and communicate directly with customers and approach them in a professional manner
- Ability and history of purchasing and receiving
- Teamwork experience/skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work on one’s feet for extended periods of time
- Ability to life 50 pounds
An equal opportunity employer, Express does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Express only hires individuals authorized for employment in the United States.
We are a full-service wedding & special occasion store & offer:
Women's sizes for the plus size bride proving...