Reporting directly to the Trade Control Manager the Trade Control Analyst is responsible for supporting the export and import of company products and materials and the company’s compliance with U.S. Export Administration Regulations (EAR), U.S. Customs Regulations and Federal Trade Regulations (FTR/Census). Primary focus of the position is the classification of products, administration of Free Trade Agreement (FTA) compliance programs, export, import and broker documented and implemented processes and procedures.
- Classify items (hardware, software) with Export Control Classification Number (ECCN), country of origin and Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) number, including determination if products are subject to U.S. export licensing requirements.
- Administer compliance programs for North America Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) and other Free Trade Agreements (FTA) as applicable to company business.
- Prepare and submit duty drawback reports
- Establish, document and administer Trade Control procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining/revising import broker audit criteria and completing monthly monitoring/audits of import brokers for compliance.
- Prepare and submit export license applications and classification requests, as required.
- Work with government officials, as required.
- Monitor import and export documentation, assuring compliance relating to FTAs, licensing and current tariffs.
- Develop training presentations and provide trade compliance training to ensure impacted employees understand and follow Company Trade Control procedures.
- Conduct compliance self-assessment reviews at the direction of manager.
- Maintain a high standard of ethics and reputation.
- Promptly inform manager of any suspected violations of trade regulations by company employees or service providers (import brokers, freight forwarders).
- Ability to interpret and apply regulations.
- Working knowledge of the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), U.S. Customs Regulations and Federal Trade Regulations (Census/FTR).
- Strong knowledge and experience with HTS and ECCN classification.
- Knowledge and experience with NAFTA and FTAs requirements and monitoring.
- Excellent verbal and written skills with strong attention to detail.
- Proficient with complete Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.) and PC skills.
- Proficient with email and calendaring system; Microsoft Outlook preferred.
- Demonstrate outstanding problem solving skills, be process and results-oriented and able to develop global strategies.
- English fluency
- Customs Brokers License
- Oil & Gas industry experience
Our core values – safety, service, respect, global perspective and integrity – define our culture. And our skilled employees are among the most respected experts in our industry. Perhaps you should be the next among us.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or International Trade or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of International Trade
- Strong ECCN and HTS classification skills required.
Exterran is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Exterran provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Exterran - 17 months ago
Exterran Holdings, Inc. is engaged in the full-service natural gas compression business. It provides operations, maintenance, service and...