Gameloft, a leading global publisher of digital and social games, is looking for a strong technical/game development Graphics Programmer. The Graphics Programmer will be responsible for the graphics quality of our games. As part of an already established team (Game Designers, Game Developers, Graphic Designers, Producer), you will participate in the development of all our 3D and 2D projects on multiple platforms - Ios/Android/Web. The graphics programmer provides solutions for the entire graphics pipeline : rendering techniques, asset workflow, and shader development to reach the highest level of visual quality.
Program in all relevant technical languages (C/C++).
Analyze existing games for ways to improve graphics quality.
Optimize 3D rendering to reach best possible FPS.
Adapt graphical methods to different platforms to get the best performance.
Write shaders to add higher quality effects to existing games.
Work in with other graphics programmers studios around the world to share knowledge / improve the company engines.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
Experience Required: echnical Profile
Nice to have
- Degree in Computer Engineering/Science or equivalent professional experience
- Expertise in C/C++, OOP Design, programming practices
- Expertise in 3D graphics programming in games with strong math skills
- Expertise in rendering techniques on mobile devices (OpenGL / writing shaders in GLSL), able to adapt code to get the best of different platforms
- Working knowledge on game development entire pipeline
- Up to date with latest rendering technologies and eager to experiment new rendering techniques
- Problem solving skills: identifying issues and promoting solutions and optimizations
- 5 years of technical experience in game development / several game titles already shipped
- Experience with scripting/interpreted language (Python / Lua /C# / Java)
- Experience with graphics tools (3dsMax, Photoshop), plugins development , working with artists to guide art creation to match engines constraints
- Low level optimization knowledge (cache / memory patterns)
- Experience in social gaming
All candidates should expect to take a short assessment test.
- Autonomous, creative, dynamic and you love working in a team.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills that allow you to switch between projects quickly.
- Solid understanding of the English language in order to follow up on projects handled by English-speaking teams.
- Strong interest in video games.
About us - Gameloft has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms, including mobile phones, smartphones and tablets (including Apple® iOS and Android® devices), set-top boxes, connected TVs and consoles. Gameloft partners with leading international brands such as UNO®, Spider-Man®, James Cameron’s Avatar™, Ferrari® and Sonic Unleashed®. Gameloft also operates its own established franchises, such as Real Football, Asphalt™, Modern Combat 2: Black Pegasus and N.O.V.A. Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance®. Gameloft is present in all continents, distributes its games in 100 countries and employs more than 5400 employees.
Why do you want to work for Gameloft? Here are a few good reasons:
We make great games!
We are a fun and creative team based in New York City.
Our offices are casual and the environment is relaxed.
The work is challenging and rewarding.
We are paving new ground everyday in the areas of mobile gaming and more.
It’s the perfect place to make your mark in the gaming industry.
Relatively small studio, meaning you can make a big impression on the direction of the company
We pay the entire premium for Medical Dental and vision for employees
Free breakfast almost every morning
Over 20+ paid time off each year. Increases to 25+ after 3 years
We recognize 10 federal holidays
Flexible core hours
Gamasutra - 2 years ago