Senior Safety Specialist - North Logistics (Pasco, WA)
Tesoro Corporation, headquartered in San Antonio, Texas, is a Fortune 150 and Global 500 company. As a leading independent refiner and marketer of petroleum products we, through our subsidiaries, operate seven refineries, more than 1,200 branded retail stations, and employ approximately 6,000 employees.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
The Senior Safety Specialist, Logistics (Pasco, Washington) role provides safety support and consultation for the Tesoro Logistics operations. This position supports logistics line management by implementing procedures and work processes that comply with government requirements, Tesoro standards, and industry practices. This position is responsible for implementing programs that reduce injuries and mitigate safety risk.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory and Tesoro safety requirements. (15%)
- Understands what tasks are occurring within the region and is routinely present in the field auditing critical safety procedures (hot work, confined space, excavation, energy control, etc.) and providing immediate feedback to employees and management. (15%)
- Implements safety programs that focus on incident prevention and risk reduction. (15%)
- Develops and conducts safety training and education that ensures personnel are adequately trained and are in compliance with applicable regulations and requirements. (15%)
- Analyzes and ensures proper emergency response preparedness for the region. (15%)
- Ensures that health programs for the region are properly overseen and managed (i.e., industrial hygiene, medical monitoring, physicals, and injury case management). (10%)
- Serves as a lead incident investigator for the region. (10%)
- Serves as a liaison with regulators and represents Tesoro during agency interactions and inspections (5%).
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in safety, science, engineering or other related discipline and five years of experience in the petroleum industry or a minimum of seven years of supervisory experience in the petroleum industry with direct oversight and accountability for the safety performance of the business.
Tesoro Corporation, incorporated in Virginia in June 1997, is a Minority-owned business certified in Virginia. We provide our clients with...