Koch Nitrogen Company, LLC owns and operates facilities in Oklahoma, Iowa, Kansas and Nebraska that produce anhydrous ammonia, UAN and urea. Koch Fertilizer Canada, ULC, operates a production facility in Brandon, Manitoba, that produces anhydrous ammonia, ammonium nitrate, UAN and urea. In addition, Koch Fertilizer, LLC owns storage and terminal assets in northwest Europe with trading offices in Switzerland, France and United Kingdom.
Koch Nitrogen Company LLC is seeking a motivated and self-driven
to join our liquid fertilizer blending, shipping and storage terminal located in Garretson, SD. The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Perform maintenance, inspections and operations of the liquid fertilizer blending, storage, loading systems and tanks farms.
- Must be willing to be on a rotating on-call schedule (24 hours a day, 7 days a week) and extended hours, as required
- Must be willing to travel 30%-40% of the time
- Must live within 30 minutes of the Garretson terminal
- Ability to understand procedures and safety & environmental risks associates with relating handling, shipping & storing liquid fertilizers
- Ability to effectively communicate to managers, customers and peers
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Must be able to climb stairs and ladders and work at heights in excess of 50 ft.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to pass a pulmonary breathing test, wear a gas mask type respirator and full Level A PPE
- Mechanical aptitude or background
- Knowledge of PSM, EH&S compliance and fertilizer terminal operations or related chemical type facilities
- Experience working with chemical shipping & storage equipment and the ability to demonstrate adequate knowledge of such equipment
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Maximo (CMMS) and Outlook
- 1 + years’ experience in fertilizer/chemical handling
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited university or 2+ years’ experience in fertilizer terminal operations or equivalent
We are an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
Koch Nitrogen Company, LLC
Koch Industries, Inc. - 16 months ago