The Pursuant Group—one of the largest fundraising and
marketing agencies in the United States—has worked with
over 20,000 clients and has been named to the ‘Inc 500’
Fastest Growing Private Companies list for the past
three years running. We are looking for top talent to
continue our growth and success in the faith-based,
nonprofit market niche. We value integrity. We believe
in long-term relationships. We move fast and expect
performance but enjoy being involved in a positive work
environment, accomplishing high-impact meaningful work.
The Senior Project Manager (SPM) will collaborate with
internal teams, external partners and interface with
clients to manage the production of client projects from
development through production and delivery. The SPM is
responsible for achieving the goals of the client within
cost, on budget and on time. SPM will manage large,
high-profile or highly sensitive projects and will
communicate/report at a strategic level across the
The Project Manager works with the client service team
to manage all marketing communications projects for
assigned clients. Involved from new business meetings
and pitches through project completion, the project
manager is responsible for initiating proposals and
project plans, then guiding the project through
development and creative. The project manager is the
liaison between the client and the agency design team.
An effective problem-solver on a day-to-day basis, the
project manager must be adept at anticipating problems
and recognizing opportunities.
The project manager requires superior project management
skills; must be a conscientious team player and a good
organizer. This person also demonstrates excellent
verbal and written communications skills. The project
manager is a creative problem solver, exhibiting
initiative and a take-charge attitude. Project Delivery
is crucial to success. It must be:
· Timely: Projects must be delivered on time following
approved project timelines.
· Within Budget: Projects must meet budget established
by Sales and Client Services, approved by customer and
must meet an acceptable Gross Margin standard. SPM must
understand pricing, contracts and offerings in order to
properly interpret scope and invoice. Projects must be
managed within predetermined, acceptable margin range
and project margin will be a measurable objective each
· Quality: Projects must adhere to quality processes and
quality standards for all deliverables. Quality metrics
will be measured each fiscal year.
· Client Satisfaction: Responsible for interfacing with
client and ultimately delivering exceptional client
Expectations for Success:
• Acts as the primary client contact for assigned
projects, developing relationships with clients and
working closely with them to learn their business and
• Works closely with all agency department staff to
develop and implement strategic project plans.
• Has a thorough understanding of the planning, creative
and production processes.
• Proactively gathers the necessary information to plan
and implement each client project.
• Provides timely issuance of all documentation:
proposals, project initiations, creative briefs,
estimates, timelines, meeting summaries, and status and
• Manages time and financial resources to ensure client
projects are on time and on budget.
• Handles monthly billing and reconciliation of all
projects for assigned clients; maintains ongoing
accounting status reports for clients.
• Maintains working knowledge of pertinent software and
peripherals needed to complete work.
Educational Requirements: Bachelors Degree or
demonstrated equivalent work experience
Specific Skills, Knowledge, or Abilities: 5 + Years of
Project Management experience in Agency environment.
Direct Response Fundraising experience and Direct Mail
experience Preferred. The ideal candidate will have 3
plus years of print production experience in a high
volume, deadline-driven environment and a demonstrated
knowledge of entire print process including project
trafficking, quality control, vendor management, and
· PMI Certification preferred
· Advantage project management tool preferred
· Experience managing “creatives” preferred
· Must be familiar with Social Media, i.e. Facebook,
Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
· Experience working in a matrix organizational
· Organization/project management skills
· Communication skills to include active listening and
· Demonstrated commitment to quality and process
· Words like Motivated, Intuitive, Proactive,
Collaborative, Leader, Driver, Creative, Problem Solver,
Analytical, Versatile, and “Thrives Under Pressure”
Other Requirements: Substantial time may be spent on the
telephone, on a laptop computer and in meetings.
Location: Dallas, TX
Pursuant Group - 18 months ago