Unix System Administrator Team Lead required for a local position with international travel! 3 weeks training abroad and yearly trips internationally for meetings / training. Super exciting company with VERY LARGE environment / volume. Fun work atmosphere & a really cool team! Looking to hire by Feb 6th!
In this position you will be responsible for managing a team of Unix System Administrators while also providing support for all aspects of the client website and infrastructure. You will ensure continual system operations and support continuous business growth. You will work in the Production team to design, install, update, troubleshoot and repair new and existing systems and software. Due to the growth of business this is a new team based in Seattle. There is no H1-B Visa Sponsorship available for this position at this time.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Managing a small team of locally based Unix System Administrators
- Automating systems management of new and existing systems, intensive automation and scripting mindset is essential
- Actively monitoring the performance and stability of all the production systems and using your analytical skills to anticipate future problems and resolve them effectively
- Troubleshooting and resolving problems with other Systems Administrators, Database Administrators, Software Developers, and commercial business colleagues
- Supporting the rapid development and deployment of internal software and systems by using your ability to think on your feet
- Providing excellent service in response to commercial business requirements
- Documenting systems and communicating technical knowledge to colleagues
- Assimilating new processes and methods quickly
- Participation in an on-call rotation for out-of-hours support
At this time there is no H1-B Visa Sponsorship available for this position, employment is contingent on verification of right to work in the US and background check
- Strong experience of Linux systems administration
- Experience and interest in systems automation and systems programming
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, under pressure
- Good team communication skills with both technical and non-technical colleagues
- Curiosity and dedication
- Flexibility and availability to travel to Amsterdam, The Netherlands for trainings and meetings approximately 2x per year
- Team Lead experience
- Knowledge of Python or Perl
- Proficiency in Bourne shell / Bash scripting
- Ability to make a big impact and the responsibility to do the right thing
Compucom Systems, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, helps companies plan, implement and manage multi-vendor, industry-standard computing...