The Director, Market Research will be responsible for all global market research activities including competitive intelligence for both in-line and pipeline products (including business development assessments). This individual will also be responsible managing a small team of market research professionals.
• Develops an annual market research plan in collaboration with the brand team to better inform strategies.
• Key contributor with respect to content and insights into the 1, 3, and 10 year plan for Provenge.
• Manages individual market research initiatives as well as supervise the work of market research team on projects.
• Supports all market research activities to allow for in-line, pipeline, and business development decisions.
• Works cross-functionally across entire organization to ensure that market research is appropriately targeted.
• Support of analysis of marketing tactics to develop promotional response metrics.
• Agency management to ensure well-executed projects and adherence to timelines and budget.
• Participates in project risk analysis and develops solutions to a variety of complex issues.
• Develops department objectives and timelines, and ensures these are met.
• Hiring and people development to allow for opportunities for people as the organization grows.
• Bachelor’s degree in scientific or business. Ideally prefer a science and business background with an MBA.
• Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in market research either within the pharm/biotech industry or in a market research firm working with pharma/biotech clients, including at least 5 years in oncology or other specialty areas. Experience in other pharma/biotech roles a plus.
• Knowledge and understanding of regulations for our industry including FDA and PhRMA guidelines
• Experience in developing and making formal presentations to senior management.
• Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
• Requires approximately 25% travel.
Dendreon - 18 months ago